Window nets and PB

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

cuda6666
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Window nets and PB

Post by cuda6666 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 am

DanDarcy wrote:The purpose of the net is to hold your arms in in a roll over. The purpose of arm restraints is to hold your arms in in a roll over. They both do the same job :!: Personally I would leave it up to the driver as to which they want to use :lol: Did you submit a rules change for that ?
Yes, see my earlier post. Arm restraints should be allowed in Prepared when window nets are not practical - like in hardtop street cars with roll bars but no cages. Not that I have a dog in this fight :wink:
Subaru Legacy GT #67

"Track time is my enemy"
- Frank Perron

"I remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous."

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:22 pm

cuda6666 wrote:
DanDarcy wrote:The purpose of the net is to hold your arms in in a roll over. The purpose of arm restraints is to hold your arms in in a roll over. They both do the same job :!: Personally I would leave it up to the driver as to which they want to use :lol: Did you submit a rules change for that ?
Yes, see my earlier post. Arm restraints should be allowed in Prepared when window nets are not practical - like in hardtop street cars with roll bars but no cages. Not that I have a dog in this fight :wink:
For the sake of clarity, seems like the words "when window nets are not practical" could be stricken without changing the rule proposal.
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99
http://www.SweeneyLawGroupLLC.com

mug23
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mug23 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:38 pm

I will be running in the PB class and I know i have to have a window net for the driver's side. Since this is the first time I will be running with COM, I need to have a passanger side seat for the instructor with the same safety harness as mine so I can obtain the COM license.

My question is, do I need to buy and install a window net also for the passanger side too?

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Your instructor could optionally use arm restraints. Maybe you can borrow a set for the day.

mug23
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mug23 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:19 pm

Mick wrote:Your instructor could optionally use arm restraints. Maybe you can borrow a set for the day.
Do you know if most people at the event will have something like that I can borrow or do I have to provide that for the instructors?

I'm trying to not to spend money on something that will only be use for very short time so I can get my COM licenses and not use it anymore possibily.

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 pm

I bet you would have no problem finding a set to borrow. Almost guaranteed. You may want to post up a new thread and see if you can connect with someone who has a set. That way it'll be one less thing to worry about on the track day.

bhoss

Post by bhoss » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:14 pm

I have a set of arm restraints that you can borrow - come see me before tech - I will be in garage 4,5 or 6 - red Miata #49
Bill Hosselbarth
COM Secretary 2011
1994 Mazda Miata
#49 PC

mug23
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mug23 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

bhoss wrote:I have a set of arm restraints that you can borrow - come see me before tech - I will be in garage 4,5 or 6 - red Miata #49
Thank you. This is for the Watkins Glen event if you are going to be there. I'll look for you.