im new

Any and all discussions concerning events.
geoffm
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: im new

Post by geoffm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:22 pm

hahaha sounda like a smelley day hahaha

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:53 pm

I am only aware of the unnamed student who lost his lunch after a ride with Joe Lu up at Mont Tremblant. Felt bad for the guy :wink:
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

horizenjob
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by horizenjob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:42 pm

that heel toe thing u guys do some one is going to have to teach me that due to my lack of having to down shift during circle track racing
If you've got oval track and cart experience you'll do fine here. Hell / toe you'll pick up quickly if your car has pedals that will do it. The modified street cars get real expensive. I started in Showroom Stock which lets you get competitive without being able to mod the car, then I got a cheap used Formula Ford. It's faster then the street cars, stronger, more reliable and built for the job. If you''ve got good hands on skills you'll love working on one of them. You can sit it on a pair of sawhorses to work on it, which really beats crawling under a car.

I got to do some oval tracks from Thompson to Pocono, some hillclimbs and some great road tracks.

Don't sink a lot of money into a street car until you spend a year or two learning about the different cars, tracks and clubs. We used to get a good number of formula cars in COM, but it seems less lately. I'm going to try to make the last event, come by an chat if you make it up.
Marcus Barrow - Car9, an open design community supported sports car for home builders.
Car9 Roadster information - models, drawings, resources etc.

Stynger
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Stynger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:32 pm

6PAK72 wrote:Liz wants to know why every instructor keeps asking her if she's going to throw up - she thinks there must be a story about a ride along losing lunch in a borrowed helmet or something....someone should fess up about that!!
Must be her pale face? :wink:
Les.

COM Instructor

NA Miata D-TYPE

Drive it like you stole it!

6PAK72
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 6PAK72 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:50 am

Hmmm. Paleface not good for Tonto
Jeff Baker
Wilton, NH
#42 95 Miata
72 TR6
79 TR7 V6 in shed

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Stynger wrote:
6PAK72 wrote:Liz wants to know why every instructor keeps asking her if she's going to throw up - she thinks there must be a story about a ride along losing lunch in a borrowed helmet or something....someone should fess up about that!!
Must be her pale face? :wink:
Les, that is that beautiful Irish complexion. Fair skin for the Irish lass.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

zip4zat
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by zip4zat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:38 pm

chaos4NH wrote:I am only aware of the unnamed student who lost his lunch after a ride with Joe Lu up at Mont Tremblant. Felt bad for the guy :wink:
Hey, I resemble that comment 8) He didnt look so well the rest of the afternoon.

Not sure how to take it, but I had another ride along student ask me to stop and pull back into the pits before I had even made 2 laps around Mosport. I hadnt even gotten everything warmed up yet! It took longer to get'em strapped in than those 2 laps took...
Joe Lu
#24 ST1 STi

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:47 am

It has probably been some time since you or Mick has seen a ride along with a noob's eye. If Mick scares the shite out of me, and you're quicker, I can only imagine what a completely new person thinks.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 pm

A friend of mine was a ride-along at the last event. It was his first time on the track - I sent him out with Mick & he loved it!

Plus he rode with Carl Fossum in the Nissan until the front tires were both corded and they almost ran out of fuel! My friend said they were both exceptional drivers!
Last edited by Mark Swinehart on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanC
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by RyanC » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 pm

zip4zat wrote:
chaos4NH wrote:I am only aware of the unnamed student who lost his lunch after a ride with Joe Lu up at Mont Tremblant. Felt bad for the guy :wink:
Hey, I resemble that comment 8) He didnt look so well the rest of the afternoon.

Not sure how to take it, but I had another ride along student ask me to stop and pull back into the pits before I had even made 2 laps around Mosport. I hadnt even gotten everything warmed up yet! It took longer to get'em strapped in than those 2 laps took...
So what you're saying is you were pushing it on cold tires? hehehe
:shock:

geoffm
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by geoffm » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:48 am

pushing anything on cold tires is fun :) more slideways hahaha

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:23 pm

zip4zat wrote:
Were you demonstrating your famous Calabogie slide?
-Keith-

SPB116

mr2sc
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mr2sc » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 pm

zip4zat wrote: Hey, I resemble that comment 8) He didnt look so well the rest of the afternoon.

Hmm...some of your Mosport passengers have had proper advance astronaut training and have thus been acclimatized to the rock'n'roll forces :wink:
Tommy
88 MR2 Mk1.5

zip4zat
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by zip4zat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 am

mr2sc wrote:
zip4zat wrote: Hey, I resemble that comment 8) He didnt look so well the rest of the afternoon.

Hmm...some of your Mosport passengers have had proper advance astronaut training and have thus been acclimatized to the rock'n'roll forces :wink:
I hope she had a blast! I know I did! She was pretty quiet most of the ride. Im glad we could get a session in, im sorry you guys had to leave in such a hurry. I hope you got things sorted out with the car.
Joe Lu
#24 ST1 STi

mr2sc
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mr2sc » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 am

Yeah, she enjoyed! Car was sorted out during the course of the week (thx for asking), and we went back again the following Monday!
Ran great and got down into high 1:38s (very good for me!)

...and its off to LCMT on Friday, then Lemons 2 wks later, then.... :sunny:
Tommy
88 MR2 Mk1.5