Thanks!

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Thanks!

Post by breakaway500 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks to all for having such a well run enthusiasts car club.Best I have ever experienced.

Thanks for listening and answering questions.Even though you're busy learning as well.

Thanks for helping me with com protocol.I can tell you where my log book is right now. :whip:

Thanks to all the instructors and staff. Talk about a tough job! :wink:

Special thanks to Les,Joe and Lou.You guys put me on line. :salute:

..and thanks Troy. You were right, this is good stuff! 8)
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:44 am

Hey! It is fun for us also!
I see you getting a little closer to the Grocery Getter times, still out to be the quickest FWD? I hope so, there have been little to no competitiors in my class, so you and Mike G have given me goals to shoot for:
Catch Mike G and stay ahead of you!
Great fun! :lol:
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey Sam at the open track after time trials at Mosport, Mark and I were playing cat and mouse and his times got into the 1:41s :!: Pretty quick for FWD.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Sam,does this mean the GG is coming out of retirement?
I have some plans for the little Focus.I was going to do some surgery on it,but I have had so much fun in that car,I just can't. I may deglass it and take a few more pounds out here and there,but the roof is staying.Might even get my HP motor installed. Who knew the stock one would hold up so well? Maybe some suspension work too.

Now that I have my COM license (yea!) I am planning on using the Atom.

Subjecting an instructor to the Atom and my driving would have been asking too much, in my opinion. :shock:

See you all at NHMS3!

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Mark, you have come a very long way in a relatively short amount of time....at least since I have known you.

Congrats on getting signed off for your TT license. History shows that it has not taken very long for any of our core autox group to obtain a TT license with COM. You, Greg S, Dave P, Mike S, Yatesy, me etc...and I'm sure that list will continue to grow.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm

DanDarcy wrote:Hey Sam at the open track after time trials at Mosport, Mark and I were playing cat and mouse and his times got into the 1:41s :!: Pretty quick for FWD.
\
Ooooooh boy, that is good! My personal target in the GG was to be 1:40 this year (down from 1:43.7 last year) with the new suspension.
From the sounds of it, Mark is going to go all out with mods on the Focus, so I expect big things from that car!
Mark, yes, the GG is going to be running again. It will remain my DD, but I have too much fun and $$$$$ in it to spend more $$$$ on another car.
Ran into a slight glitch this weekend. Pulled the front wheel bearing and hub, but couldn't install the new bearing because the steering knuckle bearing seat was .065" out of round, New knuckle and hub to arrive by Wednesday and if installed in time I will do the Thursday test day at NHMS.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Nice job Mark, I enjoyed having you as a student. I am not at all surprised to hear that you were running 1:41's in practice. The car is setup well.

See you at NH

lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:59 pm

DanDarcy wrote:Hey Sam at the open track after time trials at Mosport, Mark and I were playing cat and mouse and his times got into the 1:41s :!: Pretty quick for FWD.
Hey Mark, thought you would get a kick out of this Hot Rod article. This is what sold me on the GLHS when I was a kid. "For a FWD, I love it!"

http://www.front-runners.net/mopar_stuf ... gt350.html

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Nice article,Lou.Love it when they say the brakes caught on fire :shock: Funny how thirty years later, 4cyl. turbo cars are finally getting their due respect. :wink:

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:58 pm

breakaway500 wrote: Now that I have my COM license (yea!) I am planning on using the Atom.

Subjecting an instructor to the Atom and my driving would have been asking too much, in my opinion. :shock:

See you all at NHMS3!
Congrats on the license Mark! I still find your quote funny when I asked you when the Atom would make it to HPDE:

"You don't bring an F-16 to get your pilots license!". :)

I had Lou as an instructor at my first event in my Scion tC, enjoyed the day very much. Glad to hear you had a similar experience.

I'll be up at NHIS hanging out I think, I'll keep an eye open for the focus and say hello.

Paul G.
Paul G.

lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:59 am

Mark, I used to cook my brakes too until I changed wheels. The stock wheels fully enclose the brakes so that no air gets to them. :?: My brakes are stock with pads and stainless lines, that's it.

Paul, see you at NHMS. After driving your Scion, which was excellent on the track BTW, I have a whole new respect for them. Now you just need that TRD SC kit.

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:23 pm

lou m wrote:Mark, I used to cook my brakes too until I changed wheels. The stock wheels fully enclose the brakes so that no air gets to them. :?: My brakes are stock with pads and stainless lines, that's it.

Paul, see you at NHMS. After driving your Scion, which was excellent on the track BTW, I have a whole new respect for them. Now you just need that TRD SC kit.
Thanks Lou, I'll look for you in the pits.

After enjoying the day with you I decided to buy a 2nd car for track (went with a Miata); spent a year prep'ing the car with safety requirements, etc.; did July NHMS 2-days; sold the Scion to free up some cash; totaled the miata leaving work a week after that (some old guy pulled out in front of me), and now have a stock miata and am starting all over!

Hence no events for me in Oct/November; but looking forward to coming out and hanging with everyone, and getting ready for next year.

Paul G.
Paul G.

lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Sorry to hear that. I knew about the miata from the forums but didn't know the Scion was sold.
I have a Z28 with a blue stripe down the passenger side of the car from Watkins Glen. On the bright side, the drivers door is mint :)

gregscott
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by gregscott » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:31 am

breakaway500 wrote:Nice article,Lou.Love it when they say the brakes caught on fire :shock: Funny how thirty years later, 4cyl. turbo cars are finally getting their due respect. :wink:
PM sent
"it wasn't me"