2nd gen BRZ points for 2024

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

DanB
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

2nd gen BRZ points for 2024

Post by DanB » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:40 pm

'23 BRZ *barely* keeps up in T50 in 2023, within tenths +/- everywhere, oh, that'll be +2.5 "Performance Adjustment" points!
Man, F y'all...

If anyone has a rationale for giving the '22+ BRZ/GR86 another +2.5 points for 2024 I'd like to hear it!
'17 Subaru BRZ PP, #7 T50
Gone but not forgotten: Datsun 240Z, #7 SPB :cry:

beatus
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: 2nd gen BRZ points for 2024

Post by beatus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:45 pm

Dan, it should be 1.5 not 2.5.

I'll copy over the rational I had when agreeing with this proposal in the stewards chat (copy/paste from over there with other stewards names pulled):
beatus wrote:
xxxx wrote: In my opinion 1-1.5 points could be warranted, but much more could be overstating the average. We should keep in mind that this is an extremely popular platform for newbies and we don't want to discourage participation from that crowd.

We wouldn't be having this conversation if Dan Baldwin didn't buy one this year.
Fair points.
yyyy wrote: We are now adding points to a car because the internet says it dynos high, (and the only driver running it happens to drive like a maniac) despite our data showing it has not been a standout performer (yet?).
The base showroom values for Gen1 is 56.9 and now Gen2 is 63.4...I think that is plenty of points for the moment.
To be fair, a few of them dyno'd high at the COM dyno day too (Hector's car versus Shifflett, same day). Factory rating difference is 23, dyno day difference was 31. Doug's car made 7-8WHP less than Hector's car too, which would make this difference even more dramatic.

I think the data supports a modest change, but if the outcome here is no change I won't be upset.
Attachments
dyno_day.jpg
dyno_day.jpg (206.6 KiB) Viewed 2548 times
Brandon Ganem
#005 Mazda RX8