Thompson July 2020

Any and all discussions concerning events.
mtn-bike
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Thompson July 2020

Post by mtn-bike » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:16 pm

Thompson 2020
July 17-18

Attention race-car enthusiasts!

Our season will be getting under way this year at Thompson Motorsport Park on July 17-18, 2020. We can expect all of the usual accommodations with some slight modifications due to the current health situation associated with the COVID-19 recovery process.

*This event will be for Licensed COM drivers, staff, and volunteers ONLY (please, no guests). There will be no formal Instruction in the classroom or in-car.*

HEALTH and SAFTEY

 Please practice social distancing when claiming your parking space and interacting with Drivers and Staff. We have the entire facility for parking so please use it.
 Bring your own Masks and sanitizer.
 Masks shall be worn inside any building (garages, classroom, bathrooms, etc.), confined space, or in close proximity to other people.
 Masks should be worn at all times when you are not in your car or in your own personal space (Truck, trailer, etc.), please respect your fellow COM citizens.
 Bathrooms are being cleaned every couple of hours (picking up, wiping all touch surfaces, etc.) and being limited to 3 people at a time. Porta Potties and hand sanitizer will be available in the remote parking lot.

 For the most up to date information on the guidelines refer to these CT state links:

 General COVID-19 https://portal.ct.gov/DPH/Environmental-Health/COVID-19
 Latest Guidance: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Covid ... t-Guidance

GARAGES

 Rented through MSR.
 The first four garage spots are reserved for COM staff. Tech may run through one of those bays, keep an ear out for any announcements.

TRACK ACCESS

**Folks,
We will still be able to access the property starting at 6pm on Thursday, but there is an event being held in the garages from 6pm-8pm. THERE IS NO GARAGE ACCESS UNTIL THAT EVENT HAS CONCLUDED. Please be respectful of the attendees until they are done. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing you there! **

 Entry on Thursday evening is after 6:00PM. You will need to sign in at the WINDOW (Please use a mask and enjoy the sanitized pens) 4 or 5 of the event organizers will have preference, so please do not block the entrance gate. The registrar may or may not be doing a short session, so be prepared to register in the morning if he is not around. Tech Might be available as well if Nelson can make it Thursday night, but do not expect it to be so.

 Camping is allowed! If you arrive late in the evening, and the main gate is closed, stay there with your lights on, and security will come and let you in.

 You should be able to enter at any time (surely any time after 6:00 AM). Garages will be open at 6:00 AM. Check your entry email for registration and tech times.

 Sound must be limited to less than 103 db. If you are black flagged for sound, you get one chance to fix it. No refunds for failing sound. No race engines may be started before 8AM.

 No smoking in the garages or hot pits. No fueling in the garage. - No electric cords across vehicle pathways. There are a bunch of other common-sense rules written into our contract that I’m not going to repeat here. Use your head please.

 A Dunkin Donuts van will be at the track from 7:30AM to about 11:00 AM with coffee and food.

 The Thompson Club restaurant will be open until 9:00 PM. If you plan to go after the track closes, please go around to the other parking location so they can close and lock the main gate. There is a great ice cream stand there as well.

 The food concession will likely be open 1100AM to 400PM for your dining pleasure.

 Gas is available 24/7, credit card/debit card only. Please do not block access to the gas pumps as others may be waiting.

 Pets must be leashed, cars will be moving all over the paddock.

 Travel around the garages is counter clock wise, keep the garages on the left.

 An ATM is available in the Pro Shop. The Pro shop will be open generally 8-4 Friday, possibly Saturday.

 Operation of drones is prohibited on TSMP property.

 Your RFID timing cards should be on the PASSENGER side of your car.

 Showers are available in the old oval buildings. Ask for directions when at the track.

If there are any questions, post them to the forum or reach out to operations@comscc.org and we will try to give timely responses.

Keep an eye on the app for updates throughout the event....turn your notifications on.

See you there!
Last edited by mtn-bike on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

beatus
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Thompson July 2020

Post by beatus » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am

Good luck to everyone that's allowed on track. Have fun!
Brandon Ganem
#005 Mazda RX8

CalypsoBean
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by CalypsoBean » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:26 pm

Border is unfortunately still closed so we won't be there - but we hope everyone has a great time and a good kickoff to the season :)

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:54 am

The event page says here the sound limit is 99db and this post says 103db.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 0AC99C4A1C

I know 4db isn't much difference, but I'm curious which is correct.

gcranston
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by gcranston » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:13 pm

An increase of 4 db is about 2.5 times the sound pressure, FWIW. I think it's a fair question.
Graham Cranston
#76 T50 | 2013/15 FT86

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

Stamanti
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by Stamanti » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

I'd like to come for Saturday only. My wife and kids will be with me as we will be on our way back from an RV trip. Steph and my kids will stay inside my RV the whole day, and are fully self contained regarding, food, water, and facilities. Is that acceptable?

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:20 am

I don't have a problem with it, as long as everyone is wearing masks in the common areas and practicing social distancing per the published guidelines.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

mtn-bike
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by mtn-bike » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:42 am

As added above in the general instructions:

Folks,
We will still be able to access the property starting at 6pm on Thursday, but there is an event being held in the garages from 6pm-8pm. THERE IS NO GARAGE ACCESS UNTIL THAT EVENT HAS CONCLUDED. Please be respectful of the attendees until they are done. Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to seeing you there!