First Call to the Grid

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
boltonite
Administrator
Administrator

First Call to the Grid

Post by boltonite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:43 am

Fellow COM members and friends,

I am asking for help to get the track reopened. I have already written to everyone listed below, but hearing from you will be more convincing -- they have heard from me (and about me) ad nauseam, it's time they heard from you too.

Below is a link to a form used by the Governor's office:

https://www.mass.gov/forms/email-the-governors-office

And here are the emails of three influential local officials:

<Anne Gobi's email>
<Todd Smola's email>
<Town Manager's email>

A short email to show Palmer MSP has grassroots support would be timely as we look to reopen and get back up to speed.

Thanks in advance.

Fred Ferguson
Palmer Motorsports Park | Whiskey Hill Raceway
fferguson@palmermotorsportspark.com
978 239 8660
Last edited by boltonite on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

beatus
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: First Call to the Grid

Post by beatus » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:21 am

Here's the response I got:

Code: Select all

The reply from Palmers Town Manager is pasted below.

Stay well

Anne Gobi

Palmer Motorsports Park is under a cease and desist order for previous violations of the Town’s State of Emergency, violations of orders of the Board of Health, and Palmer Motorsports Park has not conducted the sound mitigation as required by a recent court judgement.

Ryan McNutt

Town Manager, Palmer
Are there any local town council members or people running against the current town council that could be supported? I've always tried to be as respectful as possible while in the town and to support the other local businesses while there, what else can we do as patrons? How else can we help support PMP's standing with the town?
Brandon Ganem
#005 Mazda RX8

TunaNoCrust
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by TunaNoCrust » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:28 am

Ryan McNutt...

https://www.vnews.com/McNutt-issues-a-s ... m-22537779

I emailed Anne Gobi, since I am a local resident and she is a friend of the family, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

The town hates the track under normal circumstances...now add in a bunch of obviously non-local cars, track noise, and the fact that many of these people are stuck at home bored and frustrated...they are going to complain in droves.
Chuck Comeau
#55 T50 2019 Toyota 86

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:39 pm

The SCCA NER New Track Acquisition Committee originally owned the option for the track land. I worked with the SCCA in the time it received all permits from the Palmer, well before SCCA sold the rights to Fred. I wrote the SCCA business plan and was in the process of raising money. At that time the town loved the idea and there was no opposition from town government or people. One of the positive reasons I heard is that the 600 acres would not be developed with many houses producing children that needed schooling and other services from the town. A track would provide tax revenue to the town and income to businesses with almost no requirement for services.

But now there are newcomers that say "What! A track in my town? NIMBY" even thought current track management have been extremely accommodating. Bad faith.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

beatus
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by beatus » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:03 pm

TunaNoCrust wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:28 am
Ryan McNutt...

https://www.vnews.com/McNutt-issues-a-s ... m-22537779

I emailed Anne Gobi, since I am a local resident and she is a friend of the family, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

The town hates the track under normal circumstances...now add in a bunch of obviously non-local cars, track noise, and the fact that many of these people are stuck at home bored and frustrated...they are going to complain in droves.
Yeah, he does not seem like the most up and up person. He's bounced around a number of municipalities and seems to be failing up somehow.
Brandon Ganem
#005 Mazda RX8

boltonite
Administrator
Administrator

Post by boltonite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:10 pm

We just got word (via the local state senator's office) the state task force has given guidance that we are clear to open as far as Covid-19 is concerned.

Thanks for your support!!
Last edited by boltonite on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:20 am

Had a wonderful say at Palmer yesterday.The track surface could not be better. Once again I have my sanity saved. Thanks for this incredible playground! Most Massachusetts residence have no idea what an incredible treasure now exists right here.

If you had built this track down south they would have made you the Mayor! :wink:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"