AIM SOLO help..

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

AIM SOLO help..

Post by breakaway500 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:42 pm

I have the base Solo and I use to be able to access the memory and have it display lap times. Now it will only display lap times the day they are recorded. The information is there as I can download it to Race Studio on a laptop so its not like the info isn't still on the unit. I did not change any settings..but somehow something has changed. I tried to get in touch with AIM but their tech support does not seem to work. Anyone tech savvy have any ideas? Thanks.
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: AIM SOLO help..

Post by paultg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:56 pm

I just invited you to join the AIM sport users group on Facebook. Lots of knowledgeable people on there that can prob help you.
Paul G.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks Paul..but I don't use facebook. I thought possibly I may have inadvertently changed a setting on the Solo however there does not seem to be any setting that would affect memory access that I have found. It still records laps and I can review them on the unit the same day so I guess that will have to suffice.

I'm not very good with digital gadgets other than I know they are smoke powered, and if you let the smoke out..they stop working... :lol:

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:28 am

I used my Solo yesterday, and it is now functioning normally again. I often forget electronic devices like to take siestas... :lol:

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:35 am

i needed to contact AIM this spring about the unit on our MX5 cup car intermittently working.
they not only got right back to me but they got back to me on a sunday.
Rob at there tech support was the best. after two emails he had me call him on his cell and went over some things. i had to send the unit to AIM for repairs and after i got it back 5 days later it was fixed and rob also emailed me to make sure it was working as it should.
if you didn't contact AIM east in Roanoke VA. they may just have dismissed you contacting them???