47 Second laps at Lime rock

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
jmrosen

47 Second laps at Lime rock

Post by jmrosen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:13 pm

My Formula Continental has done 52 second laps

<p></p><i></i>

jmrosen

Lime Rock at 47 second lap times, part 2

Post by jmrosen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 pm

As I started to say before I hit the enter button on the previous posting, my FC has done 52 second laps at Lime Rock (I wasn't driving), but watching the Audi R8's doing 47 seconds and using the chicane at the top of the hill, is very impressive. A few times they had the on- board telemetry showing, and I saw 150 mph coming down the hill, and no indication of any brakes at the bottom. I saw 135-140 down No Name, and 120 up the hill, and 130 going through West Bend.<br>
And the track has become very bumpy!!<br>
I'm impressed!!

<p></p><i></i>

jkekeisen
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: Lime Rock at 47 second lap times, part 2

Post by jkekeisen » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:52 pm

I have to say the Speed challenge, ALMS series weekend at LRP is the most fan friendly venue I've ever experienced. I ran the SCCA ITS/ITA/SRF race on the 4th which entitled me and crew, full access to all the racing all weekend. I brought my family and my cousins family (10 in all) for price of entry of my car and won 1/2 my money back because the race actually had a purse. If I wouldn't have blown my engine on the next to last lap I would have come out ahead! <br>
<br>
The Speed Challenge caddies are awesome but watching the Porsches do wheelies over the uphill was inspiring. The ALMS cars were impressive but having 20+ entries spread over 4 classes is not at all interesting from a racing perspective. I can't imagine the ALMS series is long for this world?

<p></p><i></i>

Christine D

Re: 47 Second laps at Lime rock

Post by Christine D » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:59 am

Congrats on a good finish, Jamie! Sorry you had (another) blown engine. Was the ITS/ITA/SRF race clean? Last year they had a Spec Miata race as a support race, and it was a crashfest. It was a real embarrassment.<br>
<br>
I think ALMS draws a much bigger field at the other tracks. I like watching the multi-class racing, because there a lot of passing. The touring cars and Speed GT are fun to watch, too. I saw some three-wide action on Noname Straight on the televised touring car race at Limerock (on Saturday?). I wouldn't have thought that would be possible.<br>
<br>
Christine

<p></p><i></i>

kfoote
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

47 sec lap at LRP

Post by kfoote » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:16 pm

I thought the R8's qualified at 45.8 or so....with the chicaine. That's still a bit off the overall track record, though.

<p></p><i></i>

jmrosen

Re: 47 sec lap at LRP

Post by jmrosen » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:53 pm

Kevin<br>
I did not see the whole broadcast, so I'm sure that you're correct on qualifying times. I was just going by the times that I saw lap times, and there could have been traffic.<br>
However, I have to say that any time under 50 seconds must be some ride!!

<p></p><i></i>