Karting and Annnual Meeting

Any and all discussions concerning events.
6PAK72
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Karting and Annnual Meeting

Post by 6PAK72 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:16 pm

Yea, I'm on the Board. So I'm biased, right?

The event was the most fun and the most member-oriented Annual Meeting I've attended since I joined. I suck at karting and I had a blast. I'm good at socializing and I had a blast.

Let's do it again next year and hey - if you didn't sign up, plan on it.

This is what COM is all about - fast times, good people, really damn decent food, recognizing the contributions of our colleagues, showing one another we can drive and laugh.

FWIW.
Jeff Baker
Wilton, NH
#42 95 Miata
72 TR6
79 TR7 V6 in shed

SEISAN
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Karting and Annnual Meeting

Post by SEISAN » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 am

I agree with Jeff.
It was a blast. The karting was super and we had a great group at having fun.
The attendance was about 90. More than we have had in years. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it.
If you did not make it, you missed a good one. There was a good amount of friendly heckling on and off the track...... would you expect anything less!!

Our trophy chief, Rebecca came through with a slew of trophies to pass out. Will was his usual self with pin point remarks on our specialty trophy presentation.
Dave Wittmer topped off last years performance with this years humorous rousing remarks on the awards. ( move over Fallon, DW is ready to take over )
And on Skype, outgoing president John Spain with some heart felt remarks thanking everybody for his support this past seven years.
And last but not least, Troy Velasquez, our incoming president for all his work on setting up this wonderful event and looking forward to his presidency.

The new schedule was announced with some great venues this year possibly including, Club Motorsports. ( it should be posted on our site soon )
Looking forward to next years banquet. Maybe back here again.

The season starts in a couple of months, See you soon. Go Vettes

BB
aka Shake n Bake

peejay
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by peejay » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 am

Sorry I missed it. I do like F1, especially the feeling when I leave and and can't drive the over-boosted power-steering in my DD Honda Accord.

Lets hear more about that schedule!!
PJ A
1996 Miata
T30 91

Juiced06GTO
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Juiced06GTO » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:10 pm

This was my first banquet with COM and it was great. My wife had a blast karting with the rest of us, especially after she saw how well she did time wise after seeing the groups go after us! Who knows maybe I'll talk her into driving a track one of these days! Thanks to everyone for making her feel welcome and putting on another great event!
2006 Pontiac GTO - Recovering Drag Racer....

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:31 pm

It was our pleasure. I'm really glad she had a good time.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50