Weekly COMSCC iRacing hosted league

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
blindsidefive0

Weekly COMSCC iRacing hosted league

Post by blindsidefive0 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:48 pm

I started hosting a weekly sim racing night with some COMSCC guys and a couple others. We're doing a brief iRacing series with the MX-5 cup at some free tracks along with Mosport, the Glen, and NHMS. If all goes well, we might start a more robust series after the banquet.

On Wednesdays at 7pm (practice 7-9, qual 9-9:30, race at 9:30, open practice for next week at 10) I'll throw up a hosted practice session and email out the name/password. It's really easy going so it doesn't matter if you're any good or not. It's a good way to stay sharp, learn a new track/better learn an old track, or just hang out with the guys. Email me if you're interested in joining.

The next week we will be in the 2016 Global MX-5 Cup car (same car every week for now) at Lime Rock Park - full course.
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB

skid
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: Weekly COMSCC iRacing hosted league

Post by skid » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi Nick I'm game! Santa brought me Occlus for my irace set up. Let me know how to find you. See you at F1

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by TXBDan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:57 pm

I dabble in iRacing from time to time. I find screaming at my stupid virtual car a great stress outlet. I'll send over an email.
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Hey everyone - we had a great 6-week mini-season around the holidays/new years, and we're going to start another 12-week season next week. The new season will span from 2/9 to 4/27 and will be hosted weekly on Thursday nights.

We're testing out a few cars (FIA GT3, 911 cup, Audi 90) that we might run in the series this Thursday, 2/2 (probably at Mosport). Email me if you'd like to join.
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by TXBDan » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Pretty fun race last night. There were 3-4 other COM guys in the practice session. Unfortunately we got split up between the two race splits.

Naturally, I wrecked on the third lap and had to pit for repairs. I came back out a lap down, but in the same position so i ran a pseudo race for the rest of the event.

For the next event I have every intention of putting in more practice laps than race laps!
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8

gcranston
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by gcranston » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am

Don't you mean more race laps than practice laps?
Graham Cranston
#76 T50 | 2013/15 FT86

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by TXBDan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:53 am

gcranston wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 am
Don't you mean more race laps than practice laps?
I mean that i haven't been practicing so i've actually been doing more laps in the race than all the practice before it. That's clearly no way to win, though. Last night was another race, another spin, another excruciating tow. SR's slow and steady decline. I'm so nervous about crashing all the time that i drive all stiff and nervous which seems to only make things worse. This is about where i get frustrated and quit for the year. However, it's been fun racing with the COM guys so i'm going to keep with it and try to get more practice in. You guys are fast!
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8