Watkin Glen, September 12 and 13 2016

Any and all discussions concerning events.
chaos4NH

Watkin Glen, September 12 and 13 2016

Post by chaos4NH » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:52 am

There is NO entry to the track on Sunday night. I don't make the rules, that is a requirement made by Watkins Glen Operations. The Vintage racers will not clear the garage and paddock areas until quite late Monday night. There is a spectator event at WGI the day before our event and as a result we will NOT have access to the track at all on Sunday. However we WILL be allowed to drop off trailers on Sunday in the lot at Gate 3, top of hill past main gate. When parking your trailers at the above site, DO NOT park around the ticket office! Park trailers across the street in the field. EXCEPTION: If you are camping in your trailer, motor home, RV, etc. you MAY park on the tarmac adjacent to the Ticket Office. This will allow those camping to have use of the facilities as allowed by the track.

To allow ample time for check-in and registration on Monday morning, members will be allowed to enter the facility at 6:00am. As previously mentioned: DO NOT occupy a garage until you have visited registration. The COM Sports Car Club registration area will be located in the Main Garage, and will open from 700 t0 800AM on Monday and Tuesday. At any of these times you will also be able to pay for garage space. Your garage request should have been done when you registered on MSR.The cost for a garage remains the same as previously - $50 per day per garage (providing ample room for two cars).

Normal info:

1. The gas pumps will be open, 93 octane leaded and 100 unleaded hours 800AM to 1130AM and 1230 PM to 330PM.
2 The restaurant in the media center will be open both days for the usual make'm your self sandwiches.
3. I had requested a track walk for Monday night which was scheduled to start at 530PM for 1 hour. I will find out if that will be allowed after our extended track time.
4. I have requested that the souvenir shop be open for an hour or so each day. It will be open for a few hours around noon on Tuesday.
5. Repeating: If you are arriving Sunday, and park your trailers, please park them in the field across from the ticket office. Top of the hill past the main gate.
6. A guest list (for family, crew members, etc.) has been provided to the track. If you have NOT notified COM of those attending, they will not be allowed entry. I will not run back and forth to the gate to authorize them! You MUST get that list to Mark S NLT than 9/8.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40