Whiskey Hill Raceway at Palmer

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Whiskey Hill Raceway at Palmer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 am

Great way to start the summer. Super event! Perfect weather and the dust was very settled from previous events I have attended here. Paddock parking was tight,but manageable.Hats off to COM staff who had to deal with no power,minimal facilities and a totally new venue..everything went very smoothly. Walking around the paddock after day one..I heard a lot of talk about lines,techniques and how challenging the track is. I could not agree more.This is one track that will never get old. Pat on the back to everyone involved including all participants and congrats to Chris Tier the new general manager at PMP. Looks like COM has a bright future here. I like the new trophies (nice choice,Rebecca 8) )

and thanks Dan for letting me win my class… ( kidding..kinda…glad you kept those stickers in the truck... :wink: ..)

I found my thrill...on Whiskey Hill….. :D :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Last edited by breakaway500 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

TXBDan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Whiskey Hill Raceway at Palmer

Post by TXBDan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Indeed, this was my first COM event and it seemed to run like clockwork. I had a blast, especially with the Time Trials giving all the learning and figuring a bit of purpose that I was missing with other clubs. I met a bunch of friendly folks and ending the first day with a BBQ was freaking awesome. Oh and the track walk was also a fantastic experience. I'll be back, a bunch!

Thanks all!
Dan Durusky
Mazda RX8

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:33 pm

That's great to hear Dan. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Sorry we didn't get a chance to connect.

Mark, your image is not showing up because you have to be logged in to that other website to view attachments.

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Thanks Mick. I think I fixed it..I'm not too good with gadgetry.. :lol:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"