New Licenses at last!

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
cfossum
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

New Licenses at last!

Post by cfossum » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:46 pm

For those of you who are concerned about these things, I am beginning the process of creating paper (or otherwise hard-copy) licenses. Over the past year, several folks expressed an interest in having their older (expired) hard licenses renewed. Mainly, it is because there are certain organizations outside of COM that recognize the COM Time Trial License as a valid competition license. I've been telling everyone that it would be a good winter project, so that means I actually have to do it now.

Here is what I am planning to do...
The basic license will be printed with the COM logo along with pertinent information from the COM membership database which is unique to the individual, such as Name and COM License number. I will then laminate the cards with a finished size of something similar to a drivers license. On the face of the card will be a designated area for an expiration sticker. Licenses will be issued once for now with the hope that they will be durable enough to last for several years. Each year, a new expiration sticker will be issued to established members.

Be sure to renew your membership soon, since that is where I will be getting the information. I expect that this will all be done by April, which is in time for the first event of this coming season.

Without deviating from this general approach too much, I will entertain additional ideas if anyone has a suggestion.

-Carl Fossum

mr2sc
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by mr2sc » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:59 pm

EXCELLENT! I'm one of those that has been asking...

And 'yes', exactly as you say, several other groups do recognize it and forgo their otherwise required orientation with one of their own, at some track where I'm more experienced than they themselves are (no names).

thanks very much! =D>
Tommy
88 MR2 Mk1.5

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Licenses

Post by dinoracer » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:51 pm

Thanks for taking this on Carl; I too would like to be able to present my card at other organization's events.

Are you planning on putting the date that the holder was originally issued the license?

Thanks Tom
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

Grippy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Grippy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:39 am

Can someone list the other organizations who except our licenses?
Just wondering what options are open for other dates this year.

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:20 am

NHIS has open test days where last year you paid $100 for 4 hours of track time. The one time I went, there were only 20 cars :) They did ask to see my COM license.

Raj

cfossum
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by cfossum » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:05 pm

Are you planning on putting the date that the holder was originally issued the license?

Thanks Tom
Good suggestion, except that I don't have actual dates, just the year of issuance. I'll attempt to include that.

-Carl

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:27 pm

rajito wrote:NHIS has open test days where last year you paid $100 for 4 hours of track time.
Yes they do and it would be nice to have a proper COM license. They did accept my Skippy license but i hope others here remember it is like the Wild West on open track days. Crazy passing, etc.
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com