Jesse Clark at BMWCCA O-fest

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
mossaidis
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Jesse Clark at BMWCCA O-fest

Post by mossaidis » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 am

BIG congrats to Jesse Clark with his JP '95 M3 BMW for finishing 2nd, 3rd (corrected) and 2nd at this weekend's BMWCCA o-fest! Way to kick ass at your first club race JESSE!

Results WILL be posted here (I think):

http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/Racers/ ... s2008.aspx

Also big congrats goes to Tom Hansen who endured an entire weekend as trackside support TEAM for Jesse and also provided me with updates every 12 hours!

Tom and Jesse are proud COM members and both were "representing".
Last edited by mossaidis on Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Porsche GT2 RS Baden-Württemberg Special Edition (800 whp)

gread
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by gread » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Here is the Mylaps link for the event. It was a shame the event had such bad weather. Over 140 racers had signed up to participate in the largest single race event for club racing. Someday COMSCC will have that kind of turnout for an away event. :D

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=362068

JClark
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post by JClark » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Greg- It would've been 141 if you were still with us! Aaron's 1:58 in your car still stands as the lap record as far as I know. How's the progress on the new car?

Thanks Mick! Wish you could've made it out too. The weather sucked but I had a much better shot at the JP leader Dave White in the rain than in the dry.

Two 2nds and a 3rd is WAY better than I expected out of 19 JP cars at the biggest event of the year. Hopefully next year I'll have some more motor to take the top step on the podium.

Big thanks to Tom Hansen. I would've been up crap creek w/o a paddle without him on the radio. I have another 40,000 people to thank but I dont think any of them are COM members so I'll spare you.

We might have to pull the motor before NHMS but either way I'll be there in person somehow. Count me in for next year at WGI, Mosport, Tremblant, etc too.
-Jesse
95 BMW M3
154 SPA

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:59 pm

gread wrote: Over 140 racers had signed up to participate in the largest single race event for club racing. Someday COMSCC will have that kind of turnout for an away event. :D
We do! at NHMS! :wink:
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)

conehunter
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by conehunter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:10 am

Hopefully it will be dry for the nhms event......I can't take anymore rain. :?
That pesky beetle owner.