New member to the forum

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
LDP82
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

New member to the forum

Post by LDP82 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:44 pm

Hey all. My name is Luke i drive a 1996 miata with a few mods. I've been away from this area for a while and am trying to get back into the car and driving scene here. I've done 2 DE's at WGI with PCA I'm still learning but completely hooked! I hope this forum makes winter pass quickly as the car is put away for winter although I will be doing some work on it. From the little bit of forum trolling I’ve done you guys seem like a great group of people and I cant wait to run with you guys next spring.

Grippy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Grippy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:47 pm

Welcome to COM (Club of Miata's). I hope you enjoy the forum and hope to see you on the track next year.

Gordon
#100 ST3

grovefromnh
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Winter car fix

Post by grovefromnh » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:24 am

For a winter car fix try going to the World of Wheels show in Boston the first weekend in Jan. COM has a three car booth ans shows members videos on a TV. Great way to spend a day or two working the booth, talking to interested people about COM.

LDP82
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by LDP82 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:50 am

cool! i will be there and would love to help out
Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Also BOD meeting

Post by brucesallen » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:12 pm

Also come to a "board" meeting to meet other fanatic motorheads-- too many of which ar Miata movers. Dec. meeting will be final confrontations on 2006 rules. :twisted:
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

LDP82
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by LDP82 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:05 pm

From what I’ve read I may as well become a full member now as memberships go from either the time you pay or if it’s after the last event of the year till the last event of next year correct?

Can I add a family member to COMSCC like you can in PCA? Or does every one have to pay full membership? Its not an issue i just dont know.

When and where is the Dec. meeting? Ill try to attend but I don’t have a car on the road now the winter beater died and the miata is hibernating Being a student in Boston i have found i dont really need a car to get around. I should be able to get my dads car for the night, or even bring him, I’m trying to get him to join COM, I know he gets to a lot of PCA events.

Thanks for the help
-Luke
Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty - Peter Egan