Nintendo Wii

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Nintendo Wii

Post by WillM » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm looking for one!
I tried off-and-on for a year, but never came across one.

Now that my niece & nephew have it on their Christmas list, I'm officially looking for 2, but will settle for one.

Seems the employees at the game stores buy 'em up and sell them on Craigslist or EBay. Same with some of the big-box stores, but they at least sell a bunch to the public too, we just haven't had any luck.

Any info or tips would be appreciated!

Anyway, just thought I'd ask here. Thanks.
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm

I got mine last year at Game Stop in Milford, NH. Try calling them. I will stop there next week and see what their situation is.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:09 pm

Usually stores like Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, ToysRUS re-stock every Monday-Tuesday. I got mine as hit and miss. went to the store on a Tusday AM and they happened to have it just in stock.
Call your nearest store and inquire. If they have one aks the sale person to hold and give your name. Be there fast (I mean safely fast). :shock:
Bonne Chance!

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:40 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I've called and visited a bunch of stores.

Latest word I've heard is that ToysRUs is holding their stock until next Sunday morning, as the wii will be in their Sunday paper flyer, and they need to have them instock. I was also told to get there the day before and wait in line! :shock: Ay, caramba!
96 Miata #72 SC

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:08 pm

WillM wrote:Thanks for the tips guys. I've called and visited a bunch of stores.

Latest word I've heard is that ToysRUs is holding their stock until next Sunday morning, as the wii will be in their Sunday paper flyer, and they need to have them instock. I was also told to get there the day before and wait in line! :shock: Ay, caramba!
I just called Game Stop (603-882-3744) in Amherst, NH. They said it is "like winning the lottery - no actually worse". UPS gets there at 900-930AM and they are gone beore the truck pulls out. That's how I got mine last year, litterally followed the UPS truck to their door and rushed in the door behind the driver! Good luck!
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:04 pm

Thanks again guys. I knew it would be tough!

FYI, for anyone else searching, there are a few helpful sites:

Wii Tracker

Wii Hunter

Wii Alerts
96 Miata #72 SC

Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Dave_G » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:55 pm

Looks like the average time between "In Stock" and "Sold Out" is about 6 minutes. Better be quick with that mouse finger. :)
Dave
ST4 Miata #62

eastcoastbumps
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by eastcoastbumps » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:11 am

I drove up to the Wal-Mart beside NHIS with Clare a few months ago to buy ours. Supposedly Nintendo surpassed all their sales goals with a few weeks left in the quarter and stopped shipping them. Then they did a re-release at the beginning of the next quarter. We called around the day before to see how many were shipped to each store but no one would tell us how many they had.

We decided not to wait for the stores to open in the morning and drove up to the 24h super center and bought one at midnight. They told us that a line had started to form, but wouldn't tell us how many people were in it. We got there around 11ish and were 7th in a line of 12-15. Everyone got one and they had a few left over. I should have bought one or two more.
Pete McParland #617
Honda S2000

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:53 am

Amazingly, Wii Alerts works! I signed up for email and text message notifications on Tuesday, just before I posted my message above.

Got a text message a little after 6PM that Amazon had them in stock, console only for MSRP ($249). I was at my computer at the time, and clicked through the purchase as quickly as possible. I immediately went through the process again to score a 2nd one (for myself), but just as I got to the actual check-out, was notified that the item was out of stock.

The Amazon order arrived yesterday! Woo-hoo! Christmas is saved.

Just got another text message that Circuit city had them in stock, this time as a bundle where you had to buy 3 other items (controllers, games, etc), which works out perfectly. Went through the same process, clicking through again, and seem to have scored. Tried to go through the process again to get another one for a neighbor, but again, it sold out. Hopefully I scored at least the 2nd one!

I highly recommend Wii Alerts to anyone looking for a Wii. Since the site keeps track of Amazon, Circuit City, Sears, Best Buy, ToysRUs, and a few others, it would make sense to register for those sites beforehand. That way, when/if you get the text, you get through the process as quickly as possible.

Best of luck!
96 Miata #72 SC

Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:26 pm

Or it might be a whole lot easier to have Will do all the tracking & purchasing headaches and then you just reimburse him!

swinecanfly
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by swinecanfly » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:15 pm

Mark Swinehart wrote:Or it might be a whole lot easier to have Will do all the tracking & purchasing headaches and then you just reimburse him!
I heard your kids just want cash.

Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 pm

How about a 1991 "slightly" rusted (good for weight reduction) never been raced 1.6l Sentra instead?

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:14 am

Mark Swinehart wrote:How about a 1991 "slightly" rusted (good for weight reduction) never been raced 1.6l Sentra instead?
Mark: he said CASH... not NISSAN. Nissan in Japanese is not a transalation for "cash" ... Yen is (and much devalued)...
Come on Daddy, fork it out will-ya? :lol:

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:08 pm

StephanAlfa wrote: Yen is (and much devalued)
Umm, not as devalued as the USD, though thank G-d you are much smarter than the average guy so am sure you are well prepared and diversified.

Hey, how about that awesome Canook $ kicking it up nicely :)
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com