db at Limerock

Any and all discussions concerning events.
offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

db at Limerock

Post by offcamber09 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 pm

Please, I don't want the rule book answer to this: How has the Limerock sound control police been this season for non-SCCA events? I know SCCA gets a higher db limit. I did not have time to switch mufflers today and I'm not sure I will before I leave tomorrow. Any track rat input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Scott
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:21 pm

Scott

I'll throw my 2.5" supertraps in the trunk tonight. If you can use them, give me a call tomorrow

Tom
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:33 pm

Thanks Tom, it probably would be more work to get those to fit than just cutting and welding new mufflers- If I find the time I have some Magnaflows that will quiet it down- I'm not even sure it needs it.

Thanks for the thought.

Sure you don't want to come along- maybe if we smooth talk Mark, you can get the Club Secretary exemption for late registration. You know, for all you do! Room's paid for. Car is going anyways.

:dontknow:
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:36 pm

offcamber09 wrote:maybe if we smooth talk Mark,
Hey Mark, wanna trade a '96 sentra parts car for a late registration?
:lol: :lol:
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

zip4zat
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by zip4zat » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:38 pm

Scott,
From having worked control at lime rock, the track staff is fairly anal on sound limits. Ive had to black flag cars on both days for db violations.

That being said, I dont know what their tolerance is, but the cars I black flagged were noticeably over the limit. I would imagine if you're close they might look the other way, unless some track staff gets yelled at again... :o
Joe Lu
#24 ST1 STi

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:09 am

zip4zat wrote:Scott,
From having worked control at lime rock, the track staff is fairly anal on sound limits. Ive had to black flag cars on both days for db violations.

That being said, I dont know what their tolerance is, but the cars I black flagged were noticeably over the limit. I would imagine if you're close they might look the other way, unless some track staff gets yelled at again... :o
Joe, Thanks for the feedback. Still looking for the recent trend, as you said, has the track been getting it from the neighbors etc?
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

ep510

Post by ep510 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:53 am

89dB ---and they are being very strict about it.

I was told Skip is on everyones case about it. ( very good source)
Very Little tolerance beyond 89----sometimes there used to be wiggle room, but not at the last muffled date I was there.

zip4zat
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by zip4zat » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:30 am

The shady thing about this is that they never tell you what they measured you at.
Joe Lu
#24 ST1 STi

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:07 am

Bring lots of steel wool, window screen & safety wire!
-Keith-

SPB116

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:53 am

89 db is my understanding.

If you look at last year's LRP time trial results, you'll see that someone was disqualified, with a note about "db". I assume they were DQ'd for exceeding the limit, as they had 3 run times. Please note that the COMSCC rulebook has a provision to DQ cars that do not meet the track's sound limit.

Not cool, but them's the rules.
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

gread
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by gread » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:37 pm

89 db was strictly enforced at the BMWCCA club race in June. I actually had problems with my intake noise on the front straight. They don't care what end it comes from, gotta be quiet.
If that's the case though, how come Raj's spins don't invoke the black flag for sound....

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 am

gread wrote:If that's the case though, how come Raj's spins don't invoke the black flag for sound....
Spinning on mud doesn't make that much sound!

Raj

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:43 pm

There were a number of trips through the mud, grass and tire walls today. One big melee at the start of No Name. Some 7-9 Group 1 cars
going every way but straight!! :shock: I kept waiting for the crunch, but slid between 2 cars and all the following cars missed me and each other. Thanks Ted, nice miss! It was pretty much all I needed for the day. I Swapped out my tire with gravel under the bead, then it snowed with fury for some 45 minutes and the tracked remained wet, so a number of us decided we would save our cars for Saturday. Raj, I am sure would have gone out!
:D
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

nhsilversti
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by nhsilversti » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 am

chaos4NH wrote:There were a number of trips through the mud, grass and tire walls today. One big melee at the start of No Name. Some 7-9 Group 1 cars
going every way but straight!! :shock: I kept waiting for the crunch, but slid between 2 cars and all the following cars missed me and each other. Thanks Ted, nice miss! It was pretty much all I needed for the day. I Swapped out my tire with gravel under the bead, then it snowed with fury for some 45 minutes and the tracked remained wet, so a number of us decided we would save our cars for Saturday. Raj, I am sure would have gone out!
:D
if i didnt pull the rally style clutch dumping flatfoot downshift to first, we would have been swapping more than dirt. it was mostly luck that i had a hole to try and accomplish this split second decision.
need parts for your trailer, welding repairs/fabrication (sorry cant do aluminum), tires mounted and balanced, feel free to email/pm me. i am located a little west of nashua. ted

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:29 am

Jason and his buddy had to come up with some sound suppression for our 200SX. Seems it was shoowing 90 db on the meter. We sacrificed the front license plate and got through the rest of the day. Who wouldv'e thunk that that silly little NIssan 2.0 liter car would get a noise complaint!
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40