Mosport - June 11 and 12

Any and all discussions concerning events.
StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:17 pm

chaos4NH wrote:Hmmmm, I am thinking of canceling my hotel reservations based on the weather outlook. Camping sounds +$300 more appealing to me! Will we be able to stay at the track Tuesday night and depart early on Wednesday? Anyone in the know?
I ma sharinf a room at HOJO.
On the way back, I have not tought about making a stop 1/2 way.
Some will leave thetrack and overnight in Watertown.
I have not made any reservations or provision for staying an extra night but I could bring my tent and sleep over at the track from Tuesday to Wed and head out early in the AM.
Or we can can a bunch together and share a room 1/2 way down so $300 becomes a lot less. I'll take that decision later. Need to get there first.
Raj: I could fit tires too. Let me know. You got my e-mail and number.

skid vicious
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by skid vicious » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:46 pm

I was just informed by my driving buddy that he will not be making it to this event, so I will be looking to join the Sunday morning mass pike caravan. I will try to time my departure so I will be catching up with people on the road.

There is no stop planned to meet and get the group together?

For the return trip I was planning to sleep at the track tues night and leave early wed morning but driving with other people will be the priority.
Mark

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:07 pm

Mark:
I can't think of a place to meet in the Pike or 90. There are these montorus service station along the highway am I am leaving with full tank of gas so I presume that by lunch time I'll be pulling over at one of those places to refuel (all around). Thus the Channel 1 sub 1 on the walkie-talkie.
I am sure we'll be meeting up along the way and setting the train to Mosport. Just remember to give the the point by at the border 8)

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:48 pm

You can try to meet up with me at the Lee Mass Pike rest area around 945 - 1015. I am still unsure of diesel mileage on the old Dodge, so will make a quick stop there to top off and reset trip puter.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

skid vicious
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by skid vicious » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:01 am

Stephan, what kind of walkie-talkie do you have? I;m not familiar with any that use sub channels. I may have a radio I can use, I will look around for it today.

Sam, I will be at the rest area at that time I'll keep my eyes peeled for the grocery getter. If all else fails I'll probly just wait at the pull off just after the border, The border is usually pretty good at bunching everyone up.
Mark

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:28 pm

OK Guys I'll look for the Lee pit stop around that time.
THis is the last stop beofe going into the nY side I believe.
Ciao!

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:20 pm

StephanAlfa wrote:OK Guys I'll look for the Lee pit stop around that time.
THis is the last stop beofe going into the nY side I believe.
Ciao!
10-4 Stephan. I was on Ch 2 on the way to Calabogie, we were hearing each other well, I think you are calling it ch1 sub 1?
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

APD
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by APD » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:14 pm

chaos4NH wrote:You can try to meet up with me at the Lee Mass Pike rest area around 945 - 1015. I am still unsure of diesel mileage on the old Dodge, so will make a quick stop there to top off and reset trip puter.
I'll shoot for that time/place as well.

-Aric
'91 Sentra
Hey, where'd my turbo go?!?!

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:55 pm

APD wrote:
chaos4NH wrote:You can try to meet up with me at the Lee Mass Pike rest area around 945 - 1015. I am still unsure of diesel mileage on the old Dodge, so will make a quick stop there to top off and reset trip puter.
I'll shoot for that time/place as well.

-Aric
That's get Aric. I will have two spare radios with me. See ya!
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

eclip5e
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by eclip5e » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:39 pm

I had a blast guys, it was awesome.

I got pulled over on the way home for having a radar detector. They confiscated it and gave me a $170 ticket :(
Ron. A
R̶A̶S̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶I̶m̶p̶r̶e̶z̶a̶ ̶W̶R̶X̶ ̶-̶ ̶#̶8̶6̶ 2004-2010
2017 Subaru BRZ Limited, 112T50

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:38 pm

eclip5e wrote:I had a blast guys, it was awesome.

I got pulled over on the way home for having a radar detector. They confiscated it and gave me a $170 ticket :(
On the Canadian side I presume ... no radar detectors allowed there. Although I forgot to take mine off :shock: I did not remember seeing any visible signs like I see when I cross the border going to Montreal.
Sorry to hear that.

Subw00er
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Subw00er » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Did they have a radar detector detector? How did you get caught? Was it on?

I didnt know they were illegal there! I've been up there the last few years with mine on.

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:07 am

Subw00er wrote:

I didnt know they were illegal there! I've been up there the last few years with mine on.
Doug, I suspect you have a high end unit with VG2. VG2 shuts your unit down when it detects a detector detector! Errr, got that? The police units in Canada routinely have a detector sniffer, in fact, I think I read where they have a detector detector detector, errrr get that one, too! In any event radar detectors are illegal up there.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:16 pm

chaos4NH wrote:
Subw00er wrote:

Doug, I suspect you have a high end unit with VG2. VG2 shuts your unit down when it detects a detector detector! Errr, got that? The police units in Canada routinely have a detector sniffer, in fact, I think I read where they have a detector detector detector, errrr get that one, too! In any event radar detectors are illegal up there.
You bet they have a radar detector x 3. I heard stories they had police go into public parking areas and detect radar detectors in the caras and confiscate them.

eclip5e
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by eclip5e » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Subw00er wrote:

I was just driving, and drove past a police trap that had about 6 cars. About 2 miles later a cop slowly approached from behind, and i thought he was about to pass me, but then he put on the lights because I think he saw the red LED light of the radar through my rear window.
Ron. A
R̶A̶S̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶I̶m̶p̶r̶e̶z̶a̶ ̶W̶R̶X̶ ̶-̶ ̶#̶8̶6̶ 2004-2010
2017 Subaru BRZ Limited, 112T50