SCCA Double Regional this weekend

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Tsurara
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

SCCA Double Regional this weekend

Post by Tsurara » Mon May 21, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi Folks,

NER SCCA is holding a double regional this weekend, Sat. the 26th and Sun the 27th. I will be there to win by default in T2, since nobody runs that class regionally. I know our very own Alex Teng will be there on Sat. and I am assuming Jamie and Scott will be there also. Anyone else?
Charles K.
#13 NER SCCA T2 Mitsubishi Evo 9

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Mon May 21, 2007 8:55 pm

I'll stop up Saturday as a spectator. If anyone needs an extra pair of hands on the crew, I'm glad to help.
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99
http://www.SweeneyLawGroupLLC.com

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: SCCA Double Regional this weekend

Post by offcamber09 » Mon May 21, 2007 9:44 pm

Tsurara wrote:Hi Folks,

NER SCCA is holding a double regional this weekend, Sat. the 26th and Sun the 27th. I will be there to win by default in T2, since nobody runs that class regionally. I know our very own Alex Teng will be there on Sat. and I am assuming Jamie and Scott will be there also. Anyone else?
I wish I was going, but we are only doing nationals this year- Jamie is going to be running his RX7 in ITS. Have fun and keep em off the walls!
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

Tsurara
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Tsurara » Mon May 21, 2007 10:42 pm

offcamber09 wrote:
Tsurara wrote:Hi Folks,

I wish I was going, but we are only doing nationals this year- Jamie is going to be running his RX7 in ITS. Have fun and keep em off the walls!
Haha, that's my plan for next year once I am licensed. Racing regionals and nationals gets pricey quick. The ITS race last weekend at LRP was fantastic, I hope it will be good this weekend also.
Charles K.

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Tue May 22, 2007 8:05 am

Charles,

Will be there for Friday practice and Saturday race running in FC. Sunday am driving to Calabogie for the Mon/Tue COMSCC event. See you at NHIS :)
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Tue May 22, 2007 10:34 am

Race group two Saturday and at least Sunday morning before boogying to Calaboogity-boogity-boogity.
PS: Steve, I was with Rob Laverty yesterday and he says he'll take it easy on you.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

Tsurara
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Tsurara » Tue May 22, 2007 2:15 pm

brucesallen wrote:Race group two Saturday and at least Sunday morning before boogying to Calaboogity-boogity-boogity.
PS: Steve, I was with Rob Laverty yesterday and he says he'll take it easy on you.
Bruce can you have the GT guys take it easy on me, too? :wink:
Charles K.

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Tue May 22, 2007 2:36 pm

brucesallen wrote:PS: Steve, I was with Rob Laverty yesterday and he says he'll take it easy on you.
Thanks. Am sure he'll easily win, just don't want him taking off a corner or two on my car (and ditto me to him). If he takes off one or more of my corners that means Glenn and i will have to throw back on corners and get the car ready for the COMSCC event. We don't need that extra work... or expense. Just finishing the race on the same lap as him would make me happy being my first SCCA event and all.
Shawn624 wrote:I'll stop up Saturday as a spectator. If anyone needs an extra pair of hands on the crew, I'm glad to help.
ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated!
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.

jimalley
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by jimalley » Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm

"
Stephen Wrote

"Just finishing the race on the same lap as him would make me happy being my first SCCA event and all."

Stephen if you accomplish that at your first event, that is an outstanding accomplisment. You can smile all the way to canada.

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Wed May 23, 2007 11:54 am

Tsurara wrote:
brucesallen wrote:Race group two Saturday and at least Sunday morning before boogying to Calaboogity-boogity-boogity.
Bruce can you have the GT guys take it easy on me, too? :wink:
But I don't know those guys.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow

CT Miata
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by CT Miata » Wed May 23, 2007 7:25 pm

I will be there flagging. Don't have my corner assignment yet, but the Flag Chief said he would take care of me. Hmmm, wonder what he meant by that?
Mike Ostrander
COMSCC ST 4 Miata #719
SCCA-NER Flagging & Communications (Divisional)

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Thu May 24, 2007 11:18 am

CT Miata wrote:I will be there flagging. Don't have my corner assignment yet, but the Flag Chief said he would take care of me. Hmmm, wonder what he meant by that?
And I know you'll take car of me (again). I promise no more spins ro collisions.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow

CT Miata
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by CT Miata » Thu May 24, 2007 7:13 pm

I've requested NOT to be assigned to Turn 3.
Mike Ostrander
COMSCC ST 4 Miata #719
SCCA-NER Flagging & Communications (Divisional)

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Sun May 27, 2007 7:19 am

Great event, had an awesome time and MANY THANKS for the flagging staff at the bowl during qualification!!!!!!! For those not there, one guy's engine blew LOTS of oil right at the braking down the bowl and at one point i believe three cars were off. What an oily mess!

BTW, someone was STILL throwing oil down during the race(!) and made me a bit unsure about grip during the race due to changing grip conditions.

VERY HAPPY about SCCA and loved the event!!!

As for the nut behind the wheel i am happy to have finished third in class and midpack overall with the car as she left the paddock, yet i made freshman mistakes that while mentally i knew about guys doing such things before the race, i still made the small errors. Color me normal i guesss. Nothing major, was never any trouble to other racers and everyone drove a nice clean race, yet guess i expected more from myself to not have spun at T3 and then had to find reverse, a gear i have never used before and that whole thing ate up about 20 seconds of time and cost me a few places PLUS the usual junk was now on the tires from going offline :(

Alas, g2g and prep for Oh Canada... more later and on my website blog next week.
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.