Thanks COMSCC 4 WGI!

Any and all discussions concerning events.
enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Thanks COMSCC 4 WGI!

Post by enjoythemusic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:40 am

Another GREAT COMSCC event! For those who missed it, you should have been there as weather for day 1 was great and Day 2 was a bit overcast at the beginning yet the sun came through for the time trials. WGI is a huge track and this means plenty of open space to spread out and go for it!

Personally, love COMSCC due to the friendly atmosphere and everyone pulls together to help each other. Please allow me to say an extra thanks to those who graciously helped me as it was my very first event in the new to me (used) Formula Continental open wheel car. Maybe one day my budget will allow to hire someone to help me full time. Also thanks to those who kindly reminded me to be level-headed during time trials and not DNF (been there, done that) and guess with age, cost of repairs, and experience MIGHT come a tiny, teeny bit of wisdom (maybe).

BTW: If anyone has a full pic of my car, as have none here, please PM me.

There is sooo much good stuff to say about COMSCC and the WGI event in particular. Plan to write about it on my site once i dig out from under the huge backlog workload as the site will be sorta like a blog in that will be commenting on each event there.

COMSCC ROCKS!!! 8)

Hmm, maybe it is time i trek to the Great White North (Calabogie) and blow off another SCCA event...
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

Hunter

Post by Hunter » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:58 am

I just wanted to chime in also,

That was my first ever event with comscc and I had a great time. It really is a great group of people to run with and I enjoyed every minute of it. I just moved to NH from VA and had almost always run with NASA which has a very relaxed and family type atmosphere to it. I'm happy to say that your group has a very similar feel to it, and I can't wait to drive in more COM events. Unfortunately I could only be there for monday, but hopefully I'll be there for both days in the future.

PS. It was my first time at the glen too, and that is FUN track!

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:58 pm

That was a great event. I feel bad for the people who really could have used a test and tune day at NHIS to shake down their cars before WGI. I don't think I've seen so many people around me afflicted by mechanical maladies all at once.

The track's as awesome as I remembered it. Thanks to everyone who helped put together and run the event!

Raj
#66 SuperSlowGT
Silver 2004 Nissan 350Z

jadams
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Kickin' myself!

Post by jadams » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 pm

I am now kickin' myself for blowing up yet another engine! The reason that I am kicking myself is because I was trying to save the environment by tuning my engine to run a bit leaner to keep some of the emissions down (or something like that). I guess I got it running a bit too lean! Oops. It was running real strong though just before it turned into a machine gun. Well maybe the third time is a charm.
Joel Adams
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
Class T80

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:56 pm

to qoute Steve: "Personally, love COMSCC due to the friendly atmosphere and everyone pulls together to help each other". :D

Micheal and Doug and Shawn were my biggest helpers! Micheal got me to a safe place to park the "rig", and that allowed me drive the car in from Albany.
Doug did double duty by GPS'ing me to where the "rig" was parked and then provided the needed "second set of hands" to move the tensioner so I could replace the alternator. Shawn loaned me a huge bunch of tools to ensure I had everything I needed. Shawn's dad, Jack, fetched the new alternator from NAPA for me. What a great club!
I cannot forget the grand "tour" of WGI that Bruce Allen gave me, all the while bedding in my brakes!

Oh! Yes, the track..........what a rush! Foot on the floor through T2 until the 300 sign entering the Bus Stop! 1,2,3 at Tremblant is nearly as much fun, but WGI is now my favorite track.

Now, if I was as fast as my Little Red Wagon....Soon to be replaced: The stock brake pads, street tires and restrictive exhaust.....watch out Frank, you may have another rivalry to enjoy! :P
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:21 am

Yes, kudos for all. Special kudos for Dan for staying as long as he could to set-up the timing (so Wendy & team did not have to do it all manually) and to Wendy who looked very tired at the end of the TT day.
Carl ran a wonderful and smooth instruction session and event.
Mark, Scott, Will, and Clare (wow, what a sunburn she got at pit lane!), kudos, kudos, kudos for everyone (even those not mentioned here).

Oh I almost forgot: Thank you John for blowing bus stop at the last lap :D (inside humour in SSC class ...). To think you had me by a clear 3+ seconds and put little SSC in 2:33+ time record would have been something to have stayed there for years to come (like Fred Sanford SSB record since 1999). wow!
I don't honestly believe my record will stay there next year ... unless it rains. Well done John, I am truly very sorry for what hapenned there, you had an awesome going. Cheers to you!

jrottn
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by jrottn » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:36 am

again, thanks to everyone who put this event (and every event) on
having run with several clubs I can't stress enough about what a good thing we have going here
Towing for the first time went smoothly (1978 Airstream Argosy 24) and made the stay at the track much more plush than our usual tenting deal
Once again the 318 ran like a clock except for a few turn signals trying to jump ship
Stephan, thanks for the kind words
It was actually turn 1 where I lost it (trying for that little extra exit speed up the hill)
I will be trying to get the new car done between now and Tremblant so hopefully the next time on track will be with SPA
Will hopefully see y'all in canada
john
john bradshaw
porsche 930rs
SPA #227

cuda6666
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by cuda6666 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:15 pm

chaos4NH wrote:....watch out Frank, you may have another rivalry to enjoy! :P
Don't get too cocky :) That exhaust leak that started on my first timed lap was the EGT sensor blowing clean out of my Up Pipe!

I also want to thank the club and all its volunteer workers for putting on a super event. Thanks also to the gentleman who donated some gasoline when I was running out on Monday evening.
Subaru Legacy GT #67

"Track time is my enemy"
- Frank Perron

"I remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous."

deimos
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by deimos » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:12 pm

A big thanks to Will, Clare, and Terrance (I think) for covering operations in my absence. I appreciate everyone stepping up and covering positions. Sorry to hear about Clare's great shade of red from pit-out.

Thanks!
Andrew
'91 Sentra with wicked cool tint

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:37 pm

cuda6666 wrote:I also want to thank the club and all its volunteer workers for putting on a super event.
Does COMSCC have a volunteer fund for flaggers, track crew, etc? Think some leagues have something aong those lines and perhaps if everyone pitched in a small amount it would add up. What do you guys/gals think?
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:19 pm

[quote="chaos4NH"]to qoute Steve: "Personally, love COMSCC due to the friendly atmosphere and everyone pulls together to help each other". :D

Sam, Sounds like everything worked out with the truck. Glad to hear it.

WGI was a ton of fun. Looking forward to Calabogie
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99
http://www.SweeneyLawGroupLLC.com

RyanC
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by RyanC » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:15 pm

Two incar laps, one with me driving, one with my codriver, from Monday.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw ... 8040&hl=en

[/url]

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 pm

RyanC wrote:Two incar laps, one with me driving, one with my codriver, from Monday.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw ... 8040&hl=en
Man, that car looks really fun!

RyanC
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by RyanC » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:36 pm

Yeah, it's definitely fun, but it's about 9 seconds shy of where it needs to be ;)

Once I get the bushing replaced in the trailing arm, I think I'm going to do an NHIS test and tune day to get the suspension dialed in. Only got to play with the shocks at bit on Monday

xstar
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by xstar » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:59 pm

enjoythemusic wrote:
cuda6666 wrote:I also want to thank the club and all its volunteer workers for putting on a super event.
Does COMSCC have a volunteer fund for flaggers, track crew, etc? Think some leagues have something aong those lines and perhaps if everyone pitched in a small amount it would add up. What do you guys/gals think?
COM does not. But I noticed the fund contribution option at the latest SCCA event I attended.

There may be an interest in this, I'll consult the Board.

Thanks for your idea.
#423 ST3 1996 Sumazdaru Miata STi