Thanks Again to COM

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Georgethefierce
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Thanks Again to COM

Post by Georgethefierce » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:44 am

for another great event......despite the slippery conditions...it was a great time.....the people of COM alone make it worth the trip every time out. Banquet was a blast despite the over population.....have fun at Limerock and we'll see you next season.....

I learned that miatas are faster when the wheels are actually touching the track......Lee I owe you a new pair of undies.

sillyspheres

Post by sillyspheres » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:58 am

I agree with George on this one- the event was just an absolute blast. I learned a whole lot both days about controlling my car (including a number of things not to do :oops: ). Thanks go out to Carl, Mark, Jack, Alex for letting me use his jack and not ramming into my car when I spun before pit road, and everyone else. I cannot wait until next Spring!

Because I took off after lunch on Sunday, I didn't get to see what happened in the time trials. Can anyone fill me in? What was FTOD? Did everyone survive?

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Unofficial results

Post by offcamber09 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:20 am

I believe Mark L. got FTD in his E36 M3 with a 1:27. Mike D. in his E30 M3 had a 1:28 and there were a few of 1:30s. Track conditions changed ever so slightly to benefit the last run groups. Although I think Mark and Mike ran early. Kudos again to those Bimmers in the rain- back to back FTDs.
I'll catch up to you guys when it drys out. :(
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:06 pm

I think one of the Subarus ran pretty quick too. I'm not sure though 8)

Lots of fun, as usual. I'm a bit surprised that there wasn't more vehicular damage with all the ballerina acts on Sunday (myself not excluded ;) ).

Looking forward to LRP!
Raj

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Unofficial results

Post by enjoythemusic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:18 pm

Agreed it was a great event and well organized. Am a firm believer that great people make great events plus it was wonderful meeting everyone for the first time. Have attended various club events and look forward to 2006 COMSCC days :)

Many thanks go to Don P for instructing me on Saturday and providing very value advice, tips, hints, etc.

sillyspheres: learned a whole lot both days about controlling my car (including a number of things not to do ).

You and me both! Sunday driving in the wet was indeed a good learning experience. As for Saturday.... nothing quite like making 1/3rd of your car disappear in a tire wall before the uphill and HEARING the guys on the spectator stands cringe. But hey, it'll all buff out ;-) (or the Fast Times quote "Relax, alright? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.")

Mark L. got FTD in his E36 M3 with a 1:27 and he is AMAZING in the wet! We shared bay 12 on Sunday and his car is hooked up and he is an amazing driver! It was great seeing such a diverse collection of cars as well.

On a personal note: Thanks to everyone for being polite and not harassing me as has happened at OTHER club events :( Sad that when you drive a red car of a certain type some people feel you are an easy target for harassment. Everyone was really great and look forward to seeing everyone in 2006!
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:42 pm

Jason - real men come to LRP. Lots of fun places to spin.

Really, LRP is a lot of fun - you shouldn't miss it.

Com really does a great job of putting on an event - now if they only could do something about the weather!
-Keith-

SPB116

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Various

Post by offcamber09 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:53 pm

Stephen, it was nice to meet you. Did you trailer that "red" car?...we thought about you as we pulled our rigs through that puddle behind the grandstands.

Ryan C. had a 1:30 in a Subaru.

Keith aren't you driving a Subaru ? Come talk to me about the weather when you get a sled like a Mustang :dontknow:
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

Georgethefierce
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Various

Post by Georgethefierce » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:56 pm

offcamber09 wrote:Stephen, it was nice to meet you. Did you trailer that "red" car?...we thought about you as we pulled our rigs through that puddle behind the grandstands.

Ryan C. had a 1:30 in a Subaru.

Keith aren't you driving a Subaru ? Come talk to me about the weather when you get a sled like a Mustang :dontknow:
raj had a 1:28:0 in a subaru

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Various

Post by enjoythemusic » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:42 pm

offcamber09 wrote:Stephen, it was nice to meet you. Did you trailer that "red" car?...we thought about you as we pulled our rigs through that puddle behind the grandstands...
Great to meet you too!

(Said in good humor) i put helium in the tires and used them as floats.

Alas, no trailer, but if someone has a nice lightweight one for sale i am all ears :) That reminds me, need to post that on the For Sale/WTB section here.

Color me Old School as i believe in race what you drive to the event. i stayed to the FAR right at the puddle and used the curb but still, the left side got DEEP in it. No leaks, all is fine. The car is very well maintained by myself and KTR European.

FYI: My wife looked at the tire wall damage from Saturday, and she is usually overly protective of my car, and she even said it was not too bad. Guess i married the right gal as am getting her to do the Skip Barber and BMW events for 2006 :) ANyone wanna buy a NEVER tracked, good condition BMW ??318??. Think i will have success in her getting an M3.
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

ncc1701
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

LRP is a great time.

Post by ncc1701 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:19 pm

I cartwheeled for joy last time I was there....... :oops:

A2R

Post by A2R » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:09 am

I'd like to say thanks as well. A very well run event, safe, a great group of people and lots of fun. It felt great to get licensed this weekend. And, of course, I spun in the session immediately after getting licensed (actually spun twice... my instructor said consistency is important :roll: ).

Can't wait for Lime Rock. I'll bring my slicks, my rains and my snows!

- Dave (Scirocco #661)

jimmacsrx7
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Fun In N.H

Post by jimmacsrx7 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:12 pm

Hey all> That was the most fun i have had at n.h.i.s.. Trying to control my car on every foot of track minus about 200 ft. on each straigt was great!! Hats off to all the corner workers it was a cold,rainy day. Found out i don't need no stinkin' rain tires,ha ha. Ran a 1:31 something on slicks at the end of the day. Thanks to Scott and company for push starting my old heap of Hiroshima"S turbcharged excitement so i could time trial. Jim McNamara #074 SPA

The Baron

Post by The Baron » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:02 am

Hi to all. This was my first event also. I had the best time and I am looking forward to next spring. :D
I couldn't stay for Sunday but I did get a lot out of Saturday. Lots of great instruction.