Banquet - bon appetit!

Any and all discussions concerning events.
boltonite
Administrator
Administrator

Banquet - bon appetit!

Post by boltonite » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:31 pm

Great to see everyone at the banquet and to hear that COMSCC may be getting its registration/backend processing automated a bit.

In that spirit, I took the liberty to import TT results into a small database and created a simple MS Excel spreadsheet to highlight driver participation. I sanitized names as best I could, but I'm sure these results can be improved with some raj-ification.
FF

TT Results Excel Sheet

cfossum
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by cfossum » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 am

That's way cool, thanks for the spreadsheet.
I also had a blast at the banquet, its great to see how everyone cleans up.
For some reason, I found more time to talk to different folks than I usually do at driving events.
And thank you for recognizing the benefits of the proposed "Rajistration" system.
-Carl

UniqueAngle

Post by UniqueAngle » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:35 am

I really wish I could have been there ... turns out the cooling system blew out on the car. Grrr ... Subarus & their plastic radiators.

What else did I miss?

~Brenda

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Banquet - bon appetit!

Post by brucesallen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:32 pm

boltonite wrote:In that spirit, I took the liberty to import TT results into a small database and created a simple MS Excel spreadsheet to highlight driver participation. I sanitized names as best I could, but I'm sure these results can be improved with some raj-ification.
FF

TT Results Excel Sheet
Fantastic!!
Now if you can get my previous ten years I might log more time trials that Chris Tier and a few others.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

jimalley
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by jimalley » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Great information in a format that is informative and will also be fun for people to campare times with fellow members. Also got to review progress at the same tracks over a period of time.

I also hope that all members support Carl's plan for the Rajistration system. I think that if people have the opertunity to see who is signing up for an event that it will increase interest and registrations.

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:01 pm

Nice spreadsheet Carl! Very helpful & informative to see all of my TT events in one spot. Maybe we can start adding in temp and weather conditions to really track improvement, though I suppose I could extract my section and add that on my own.

Another vote for Rajification/Rajistration.
-Keith-

SPB116

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Nice job on the spread sheet Fred!

Congratulations to Carl and Raj for working out an impressive improvement to our current registration process. A 10+ hour job cut down to ~45 minutes? After the presentation and explanation of benefits, I'm not sure how anyone would vote against it. :thumbleft:
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny: