2020 Rules...

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

2020 Rules...

Post by dinoracer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:42 pm

In case you missed it, the 2020 rules are now available.

Please email any questions to rules@comscc.org,

Anything looks like it will be of interest to a wider audience regarding the rules, I’ll add it here.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: 2020 Rules...

Post by dinoracer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Good Morning

I've had a couple questions regarding the 2020 rules, I'll be posting here as these come up in an effort to keep everyone up to date

I'm planning on one more update to the rule-book and spreadsheet before the season starts to add anything that may be of interest- specifically tire ratings comes to mind. In the meantime, they will be listed here.

Helmets- Since it's 2020, we expect that Snell will be issuing new specifications for SA2020 and M2020 helmets and that manufacturers will start building them and submitting them for testing. The expectation is that SA2020 helmets will not be available for sale until October. Therefore, they are not addressed in the rules for this year. We currently require 2010 or 2015 stickered helmets. Next year's rule book will specify that 2015 and 2020 helmets are acceptable. Please plan accordingly to replace your 2010 helmet after this season.

Tires - I've already had requests for additional tires to be added to the list. So far:
  • Dunlop Z3 - UTQG is 200, reviews found put them a little under or equal to other TW200 tires, we are putting these at -2.5
  • Falken Azenis RT615K+ - UTQG is 200, reviews put them a little under some of the better TW200, we are putting these at -3.5
  • Nankang NS-2R - A little confusion on these. It looks like these were available as soft (TW120) and Medium (TW180) compounds, but may now be sold in only a TW200 configuration (Phil's Tire Service). I don't know if any of the 120 or 180s are available, but just in case we are going to start with the TW120 version at 0 points and the TW180 and or TW200 version at -2.5 points.
  • Nankang AR-1 - UTQG is 100. This looks like it may be the new replacement for the NS-2R TW120? We are putting these at 0 points
Keep in mind when looking at tires and reading reviews, pay attention to the car used on, the sizes, the rim sizes, driving style etc. Some tires that suck on a heavy car are excellent on a light car, and visa-versa. So there is plenty of room here for you to do your own homework and you may find that a tire nobody likes is perfect for your car and driving style.

Please submit any additional tires for consideration using rules@comscc.org, not this thread

Thanks
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

SandyClam
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Re: 2020 Rules...

Post by SandyClam » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:43 am

Thanks, Tom!