Piggyback Assessment

Questions, comments, and discussions concerning COMSCC rules.

Moderators: Boondocker850, blindsidefive0

shiv
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Piggyback Assessment

Post by shiv » Mon May 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Greetings everyone, new guy over here. Signed up for my first COM event for Palmer, and will be participating in the T70 class with my s2000. Looking forward to meeting the COM community and competing with everybody. Had a question regarding a piggyback style unit and what points it may necessitate. I will still be running the factory ecu but was curious as to what an Apexi unit would constitute. I see that a non factory trim ecu constitutes 2 points, but given that it is a piggyback and I retain my stock ecu, is this still the case? Thanks in advance and looking forward to meeting everyone at the Palmer event!
2002 S2000- T70

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Piggyback Assessment

Post by paultg » Mon May 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Hi Shiv. Welcome to the club. Great to hear we will have another S2000 at our events also.
I can't answer your question but I sent a link to rules@comscc.org for you. Derek will review and either email you or post here.

If you do not know garages are available at Palmer through their website. Look for our event on their calendar, then pay through their site. Their are limited numbers.
I'll be in garage #22 so be sure to stop over and say hello. Silver MX5 #12.

Paul G.
Paul G.

Dtangard
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Piggyback Assessment

Post by Dtangard » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi Shiv,

The Apexi module used to modify the VTEC engagement point acts more like a reflash than a replacement stand alone ECU. I'd assess it one point.
Derek
#01 T40
1995 Miata