Quickjack - worthwhile investment or worthless floor clutter

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Quickjack - worthwhile investment or worthless floor clutter

Post by dinoracer » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:24 pm

http://www.quickjack.com/

Looking to help the knees out a bit, a new garage with lift not looking likely. Anyone have /seen /heard of this, and care to share opinion?

Not sure if it goes high enough to do more than tires and brakes, and I picture myself tripping over it often.

Thanks
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Quickjack - worthwhile investment or worthless floor clu

Post by breakaway500 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:03 pm

Those work fine for what they do..lift the car off the wheels/suspension all at once, 4 corners. Time saving,yes,compared to a floor jack and jack stands,which does basically the same lift. However, you will be working off a milk crate etc, just like jack stands. One of the best parts of a full height lift is the ability to work on your brakes/suspension etc. standing up.(not to mention easier underside access) The short lifts are better than floor jacks...but not really comparable to a full height lift for ease of repair.(obviously.. :wink: )
They do make mid lifts which are portable and bring the car to a standing work height. Much more useable than the Quickjack ..but about twice the price.I have used these,and they work very well.Still not as nice as the full lift..but easier on your knees than the low lift. http://www.harborfreight.com/6000-lb-ca ... 46604.html
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:25 am

I think it's driving impressions has them on sale now ? there was a posting about it on FB .
the jacks your looking at are ones you would bring to a event .
the ones mark is showing are for your shop and not mobile .

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Thanks, I'm looking for something that would stay at home- hauling something like this to the track to save a few minutes changing tires would be silly. Plus I drive a Miata, they don't actually need to be worked on at the track... :lol:
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:47 am

the good thing with the racing jacks is you can do things like exhaust system . most other jack systems like mark posted your not able to get access to the center part of the under side of the car .
a friend bought a set of the race lifts they are not ad big heavy and cumbersome as you may think .
they also fold down real flat to get them out of the way or to store in the trailer for getting them to the track if you wanted to .
in fact to set them up it's faster then getting out a floor jack and 4 jack stands .
to get the jack and stands from a trailer to the tracks garage it will take 3 trips most of the time it does me any ways . with the race lift it's two trips .
set up is faster also so . your not jacking one side of the car then placing the stands the going to the other side to do the same .
with the racing jacks you place the one side of the lift under the car and then the other hook the two lifts together and plug in the air line . hit the up button and the car is up in the air both side at once .
I have been looking into the racing lift for our new LMP challenge car because our traditional lift will not lift the challenge car with out doing damage to it .