camping

Any and all discussions concerning events.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

camping

Post by 962porsche » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:09 am

will there be camping at Thompson starting Saturday night ?

chaos4NH

Re: camping

Post by chaos4NH » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes. But be aware that due to CT blue laws, there must be NO race motors started prior to Sunday at noon. There is no electric for camping.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

brucesallen
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by brucesallen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:52 am

But a few of people can suck power off the Timing shed outside outlets and the light pole nearby has 50 amp service.
Bruce Allen
The Greased Shadow
"It's all about the fast lap"

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:08 am

you know CT is so screwed up !
they have autocrosses on sundays that start in the morning but you can't go on a race track ?
you can also do drivers ED on sunday morning is not day one of comscc DE ?
I was told that sunday Thompson is doing a DE in the morning the day of the comscc event . not sure how true that is or just hear say .

I don't need electric power for the dodge lodge so I'm all good there .

is sign in still the same time as usual in the morning on sunday ? will there be sign in saturday evening ?

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:00 pm

I have sent a list of questions to the track. see below:

I am gathering facts for our member forum and have been asked a million questions by our membership, being our first time to Thompson. I have looked at the information on your web site and hope I don't ask a lot of redundant questions.

Guest list. I have been told that you will require list of non-drivers and charge $10 per person. Does that mean crew members, or just non participating spectators (family members, etc.) Is there a minimum age for attendance?

Camping. Where in the facility is this allowed? Has COM paid for member camping as part of our contract? I understand there are no facilities such as electric or sewer hook ups, if you could comment on how/where the camping works I would appreciate it.

Bar/Restaurant/snack bar. What are the hours of operation?

Paddock use. What paddock does COM have the use of and could you give directions and any restrictions or other pertinent information.

Fuel. Is there 93 octane available on site? Race fuel?

Facility entry. Will we be allowed to enter on July 26th, Saturday afternoon/evening? What time would we be allowed to enter?

Use of motorized paddock vehicles. Scooters, ATV's, etc allowed?

Garage rental. Is there electric? What is the cost and who would we see to secure a garage?

Class Room. We are a teaching club, so use of the Class Room would be paramount. Who would I direct our class room Instructor to see?

I know you took home a great deal of information about COM and our format from your time with us last fall, but if you have questions, feel free to ask. Email is fine, but my cell phone is one most of the time. Feel free to call.

I can't promise I have covered all our questions, but will try not to be a pest leading up to our event of July 27 and 28.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

joncowen
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by joncowen » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Great questions

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:30 pm

yes indeed great questions .

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Thanks Sam. You see to be right on top of this stuff! I can only imagine how stressful and challenging putting together operations stuff is for a brand new track.
Paul G.

John F
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by John F » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:32 pm

When I went to watch the NASA race, I had to say I was crew for John George to get out of paying the $10 entry fee. They didn't ask for proof, I just had to fill out the extra space in the waiver as "crew".
John F
#167 SA FFR roadster