Brad Pelletier Passing

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
sdcham1
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Brad Pelletier Passing

Post by sdcham1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Hello All, it is with great sadness to inform you that we lost a past member of the club. Brad Pelletier passed early this morning in a motorcycle accident in Raleigh NC. It appears that he was killed by a drunk driver. I am sure that some of the members that were with the club when Brad was running would like to know about his passing. There are little details and I have not been able to find any arrangements for his service but I am sure that something will be posted. The following was what I was able to find about the accident.

Raleigh, NC – Driver charged with DWI in fatal motorcycle crash | abclocal.go.com
Posted by DUI Blotter on August 31, 2013
A motorcycle driver was hit and killed early Saturday morning in Raleigh and the driver who hit him is charged with DWI, according to police.

Officers said the motorcycle was traveling north Wake Forest Road just after midnight and the Chevrolet vehicle was traveling south. The car tried to make a left turn onto Creekside Drive and collided with the motorcycle.

The driver of the car is 25-year-old Lakeisha Jones, of Sanford. She is charged with DWI. Officials said she and her two passengers were also not wearing seatbelts.

The motorcyclist was identified as 52-year-old Bradley Pelletier, of Raleigh He was taken to WakeMed where he later died.

Regards
Scott Chambers

cfossum
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Brad Pelletier Passing

Post by cfossum » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:20 pm

Brad was a Mustang driver, a regular club participant, volunteer, and all around good guy. What a shame that Lakeisha is such an ignorant and irresponsible scum bag.
-Carl

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for the news Scott, sad as it may be.

Brad was one of my first instructors. Let him drive the '65, in the braking zone for three he starts yelling "no brakes!", I start yelling "manual brakes, push harder!".

Shit like this is why I gave up my Speed Triple a couple years ago. It's not your ability to handle yourself or the bike, it's the morons around you that are the problem.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

sdcham1
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by sdcham1 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 am

Hey Tom no thanks needed, I hate that I had to notify the club, but I felt that I needed too. I know there are plenty of members that are still around that knew him. I feel awful for his family that they had to lose him so early and in such a shitty way if that makes any sense. I get the motorcycle thing but you are right I don't worry about the riders most of them are responsible and have a respect for the road and their bike and I guess the way of life right. It’s just the assholes around them. But this make absolutely no sense to me, to be killed by some selfish asshole that decided it was far important for them to try and make it home that night instead of Brad. Anyway I would like to see if it would be possible to dedicate the last event to Brad. It would also be nice if we could get a trophy together for him. Let me know what you think.

Regards
Scott Chambers

Mario Fallas
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Mario Fallas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Terrible news about Brad,
I had the pleasure of meeting Brad on my very first COM event, as my instructor. I learned from him a lot on that day, about myself and driving fast. for one , I was nowhere as fast as I thought I was. After our first stint, I talked my way into his car for a ride in the instructors stint. Well, was I in for a hell of an eye opener!!! As soon as we got the green flag he dropped the hammer and proceeded to drive that thing all out, pulling some serious lateral loads and late braking like I never thought possible! Certainly not like watching TV in my living room. Wild can not begin to describe it, it gave a real meaning to the phrase "beware of what you ask for, you might just get it." When the stint was over, I had a sore neck and a huge smile to go with it, and by the way...I WAS HOOKED!!!

I will never forget him, that ride and smile on his face when it was all said and done.
Till I meet him again
RIP Brad ;-(

Mario Fallas

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:18 am

OH, how sad! He used to live in Merrimack, NH and then moved south.
Great instructor, great sense of humor too!
Let's celebrate his life from the good times for those who knew hi m personally.
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)