Good experience with dyno shop ( Granite State Dyno )

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
jeffw

Re: Good experience with dyno shop ( Granite State Dyno )

Post by jeffw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:17 pm

CP wrote:Jeff: What SCCA class does your car fall into legally (with MS, coilovers and everything else you've done to it)?
Cy: My car's built to ITA rules. Engine is still stock. Maybe this winter it'll get built to the ITA rules.
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Brendan wrote:
Still have an email out to them, and if I haven't heard back I should have a chance to call them later this week myself... (And regardless of the dyno, I still might end up using them too)
When I was there the phone was ringing off the hook. You'd probably do better to call and make an appointment.
Jeff Wasilko

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by CP » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:16 am

jeffw wrote:
CP wrote:Jeff: What SCCA class does your car fall into legally (with MS, coilovers and everything else you've done to it)?
Cy: My car's built to ITA rules. Engine is still stock. Maybe this winter it'll get built to the ITA rules.
Memorial Day weekend you're guaranteed a top 3 finish. Take off the training wheels!
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

Brendan
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Brendan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:29 am

jeffw wrote:When I was there the phone was ringing off the hook. You'd probably do better to call and make an appointment.
I don't have a need to get in there right now, so no rush. My specs haven't changed since DSG did my tuning last year, and it's easy enough for me to fine-tune fuel myself using datalogging and Megalogviewer. (I run MS3 so I can just pop out the SD card at the end of a session and Megalogviewer will generate an updated fuel map based on the session I just logged)
#04 SPC
White 1990 E30 M3

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:13 am

CP wrote:
jeffw wrote:
Memorial Day weekend you're guaranteed a top 3 finish. Take off the training wheels!
Woo! booked the hotel yesterday!
Jeff Wasilko

nhsilversti
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by nhsilversti » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm

figured i would jump back in here. gsd retuned my sti on the 20th, there were lots of little issues in the previous maps so he reset everything and pretty much started from scratch. knowledge was good and i felt comfortable with alex, keep in mind i had been using the same tuner for 8 or so years prior to this tune.

the end result with water/meth injection, 462hp and 406tq
without water/meth 415hp and 350tq

i dont drive the car on the street much at all but i did go for a short drive and it was so smooth both at full and part throttle.

ted
need parts for your trailer, welding repairs/fabrication (sorry cant do aluminum), tires mounted and balanced, feel free to email/pm me. i am located a little west of nashua. ted

rich2342
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by rich2342 » Fri May 03, 2013 9:22 am

Yes, I was there recently for basic service. Good bunch of guys who seem very trustworthy. That goes a long way in that business.

Alex particularly spent time over the phone with a problem I was having. His time and effort were noted and what led to me giving them my business. I will be returning in the future as well.
ST1 350Z