Test and Tune Day?

Any and all discussions concerning events.
sdcham1
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Test and Tune Day?

Post by sdcham1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:32 am

So just wondering if this event is still going to happen? Snow Sleet, and ran? I good with the ran but sleet and snow not my idea of fun. Anyone know hear anything?

Regards
Scott

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Test and Tune Day?

Post by dinoracer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Scott

As of this moment ( 5:30 Thursday) Mr. Spain's call to track management has not been returned. Therefore, despite the crappy forecast, we are expecting the track to be open, which means the event will be open.

Check back every hour or so, If I hear any different I will post; I expect John , Sam, Will or anyone else on the board may also if they hear first.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:02 pm

I'm at the track.
Jeff Wasilko
On the Track: 1995 Miata #08
To the Track: 2007 Volvo 780
On the Street: 2017 Volvo V60 Polestar

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Update

Word from the track manager at 6PM when asked about canceling- "Why would ya"?

So the event is a go.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

sdcham1
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by sdcham1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks guys but looks like I am out! I am having an issue with the motor and don't want to have a bigger issue at test and tune. See you all in June.

Regards
Scott

BTW Tom being the old ford guru that you are please read the post that I just put up on the NASA site.

Ford Racing Cragte motor issue
Just wanted to check to see if anyone has had this issue that I seem to be having. I have what appears to be a water in the oil issue. Let me start by discribing the issue as it seemed to develop. Last year I bought this crate motor New from Ford installed it and ran it at about 5 HPDE events and a couple of open track days. The motor ran mint no real issues and pulled hard all the time. In late Oct after the last event I changed the oil and coolant. I had a Thermostat issue and got hot, know when I say hot it got up to about 210. So not really a big deal. So we changed the thermostat and coolant and put it away for the winter. It sat all winter without starting as I had to do some rearend work. So fadt forward to last week. I install the accusump and changed the oil that was in it since last Oct. The rear sump of the pan looked and smelled fine. The front sump was nasty and like a milk shake and almost like a coffee milk shake as for the color. So I called a couple of friends and they were thinking that it could be condensation as my garage is not the driest place on the planet. So I ran it for about 20-30 min let the temp come up to about 165. So I put it away to get ready for an event this weekend. So I start thinking about it again today, so I dumped the oil and yet again same junk and again only out the front sump. So long and short sorry for the run on, anyone ever have the same type of issues? Anyone have an idea of what to look for. I am assuming I am having a intake gasket issue or a head gasket issue. I did a pressure test on the radiator and it held with no leaks.

lesta993
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post by lesta993 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 pm

I got caught in the snow last year up in Stowe VT on the first weekend in May - it was ugly.
My car cannot be driven in the snow, even with street tires.
I hope it does not snow, but I won't be traveling north.

Have fun and be careful.

Dave Dudley