NHMS video lap comparison from the recent LeMons race

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

NHMS video lap comparison from the recent LeMons race

Post by Dave_G » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:41 pm

We had a great time at NHMS over Halloween weekend. It was good to talk to a bunch of COM friends there, and I hope I can get back to doing COM events again next season.

In a recent fit of boredom, I took in-car videos from the fastest race laps of four of our five drivers, and compiled them together into a side-by-side comparison:

phpBB [video]

We didn't get video of our fifth driver's (Tom) fast lap, but it's just as well since there's only room for four. But it was right in the same range.

The car is a 1981 Volvo 262C Bertone coupe, powered by a Volvo B230F engine from a 240. (The original PRV V6 is thankfully long gone!)

I don't think anything profound can be taken from this, but it was kind of fun to make, and is unexpectedly mesmerizing to watch. (At least it is for me.)
Dave
ST4 Miata #62

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: NHMS video lap comparison from the recent LeMons race

Post by paultg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Cool. Hope to see ya next season!
Paul G.

horizenjob
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: NHMS video lap comparison from the recent LeMons race

Post by horizenjob » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 pm

One of those drivers looks a good bit more relaxed then the others. I'm pretty sure he was taking a quick nap during that big bowl turn at the bottom of the hill (Bryar turn 6). If you're going slower then him, you shouldn't need to saw the wheel quite so much :) . I wish it wasn't so dark in his car so you could see what he was doing better. I suppose he was wearing sunglasses...
Marcus Barrow - Car9, an open design community supported sports car for home builders.
Car9 Roadster information - models, drawings, resources etc.