Mosport Video

Any and all discussions concerning events.
TTA89

Mosport Video

Post by TTA89 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:25 pm

Mick let me borrow his video camera for a couple laps on Tuesday, just messed around with windows movie maker I was able to shrink it down to about 20meg. You can see the Porsche Cup Car coming out of the pit area real quick, what a pretty car that was.

Feel free to throw out driving comments. It def takes some practice to carry the same line around the track everytime as evidence from the video. :oops: I already see a lot of things to correct for next time, I have a tendency not to track out of 3 and I turn in too early into 4 and I can carry more speed through 8. I don't think I had 5B down either.... Oh well, guess that means I'll have to go back to try it again. 8)

I saw cameras in a lot of cars, where are the videos and pictures from the weekend? :D

http://media.putfile.com/Mosport-with-COM

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Nice looking vids.. Mick's new camera is really steady..
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

TTA89

Post by TTA89 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:59 pm

I wish someone was taking pics, I always get lazy and take one or two.

timmmy
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by timmmy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:03 pm

Nice video, and your lines dont look too bad at all. I have to say that thing flies! :) What lap times were your running?

TTA89

Post by TTA89 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:21 pm

Well I purposely didn't buy a lap timer cause I didn't want to push myself to go faster but I didn't realize that it helps to see if you actually get faster as you try new things.

I just found a used hotlap online for 85 bucks so I'll have it in there from now on. I was trying to figure out what to put down on my timecard for the timetrial and finally just guessed and put down a 1:40 hoping I wouldn't go too far either way and I think I ended up running a 1:40. Lucky guess! (where are the results?)

I was trying to push it during the time trails, basically do exactly what Carl said not to do and I was killing my momentum and think it slowed me down. I'd come up on a corner too fast then slam on the brakes, then get back in the gas thus going slower than if I would have just driven around like I did the rest of the day... When I try doing that when Auto Crossing it destroys my times even though it feels faster. I think I was faster when I was just out messing around following faster cars through the corners but with no lap timer I'm probably full of crap. :)

The car is way faster than I care to push it but I'm learning and having a blast. I just need more seat time. :lol: