Mosport thanks

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Mosport thanks

Post by Dave_G » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:43 pm

I just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone at COM for the great two days I enjoyed at Mosport at my first COM event. Without exception, everyone I talked with made me feel welcome, helped me out with my stupid newbie mistakes and oversights, and generally made the event a great time. I'm sure I'll be seeing you at future COM events. Next stop: Mont Tremblant!

Dave G. (slow silver Miata guy)

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Mosport thanks

Post by rajito » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:08 pm

Dave_G wrote:Dave G. (slow silver Miata guy)
I'm gonna put on my Scott Rosnick hat and say that "slow silver Miata" doesn't really help to identify you, and it's also redundant :D

Glad you had fun. Hope to see you at Tremblant 8)
Raj
#66 SuperSlowGT
Silver 2004 Nissan 350Z

TTA89

Post by TTA89 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:06 pm

I had a lot of fun too, that track is really intimidating and scary fast. Walking the track for the 1st time on Sunday afternoon was an eye opening experience to just how much elevation change there is! I couldn't believe it! It really doesn't look like that when your in the car.

The "open track session" was awesome with no run groups and I loved seeing all the cars out there together. It was pretty wild seeing a Porsche Cup car come up behind you waiting for a point by then having him disappear around the next corner and just be gone!

I completed my 1st COM Time Trail for which I was pretty nervous, I didn't want to do anything stupid. For some reason it seemed easier to chase a faster car around the track than to try and just run fast solo for 3 laps.

Can't wait to go back next year! I wasn't planning to do Tremblant but after seeing how great the away events are I'm going to try to go. Canada in itself is fun, Mick and I ran into town a few times and the locals got a kick out of us. :lol:

Congrats to all the people that broke class records, It sounded like almost every class record was shattered! 8)

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Mosport thanks

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:39 pm

rajito wrote:
Dave_G wrote:Dave G. (slow silver Miata guy)
I'm gonna put on my Scott Rosnick hat and say that "slow silver Miata" doesn't really help to identify you, and it's also redundant :D

Glad you had fun. Hope to see you at Tremblant 8)
Raj
Hey I wasn't even there...but thanks for carrying the flag Raj.

Any SPA results ?
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

deimos
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by deimos » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:18 pm

I thank all of the volunteers for their efforts during the event: MarioB, CraigH, BrianS, ClaireM, TomC, BillM, DanM, AlexT, and WendyF for their help in keeping the event running smooth. Thanks to BillF for the use of his truck on Tuesday, it kept my Focus real clean. :)

I also thank everyone for a smooth open track at the end of the day Tuesday. The corner workers and I were expecting a lot of brain fade and accidents in that last 90 minutes.

Thanks!
Andrew
'91 Sentra with wicked cool tint

xstar
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by xstar » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:45 pm

Thanks for running the event, Deimos! :D
#423 ST3 1996 Sumazdaru Miata STi

turtlevette
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer