General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: New member

Post by 962porsche » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:20 am

it's great you had a good time with comscc . the people in com are just a good bunch of people .
a good place to look for low cost race cars are in the scca forums ,racing junk or you could just pick up a good street car . just a cheap street car would be a good way to go . having a roll cage is great but again buying a race car that is all set up with r-compound tires and racing suspension really is not the best to learn on . it will tend to mask what you maybe doing wrong out on the track .

n1gzd
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by n1gzd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:29 am

I found mine on craigs list last fall. At that time of year there were plenty of cars to choose from.
Rebecca

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:58 am

Hi Roe,

It was a pleasure to meet you this weekend and spend the day riding shot gun with you on Saturday. Your car could have easily been a handful, but your winning approach to the event, and driving and learning in general, made for a fantastic first event. Congratulations for earning safe-to-solo status at your first track-day event!

Cheers,

Will
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

OBrien839
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by OBrien839 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:32 am

I don't think I got a chance to meet you but it was a blast sharing the track with you. I was enjoying the engine sounds when trying to keep up with you in the corners 8)
David O'Brien
08' Civic Si SSB -retired
11' WRX SSA

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

skid wrote:Hello everyone,
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Roe Cole from Kittery Maine and I am excited to join this club and forum. I have recently completed a 2012 Ultima Sports Ultima GTR and have been looking forward to some professional instruction on a track. Any heads up or tips for the event August 25-26th would be great. I am a novice on the track (although I feel a fairly descent driver) and wish to be able to drive my car to its full potiential some day. I have reserved a pit space for both days and was wondering what type of equiptment everyone usually shows up with? I will be bringing digital scales as well in case anyone would like to check their 4 corners. I look forward to any input, Best, Roe

2012 Ultima GTR
720hp LS7
G50.52 gear box

YOU LOOKED GOOD OUT THERE!!! NICE CAR and hope to see you again at COM!
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 pm

962porsche wrote:it's great you had a good time with comscc . the people in com are just a good bunch of people .
a good place to look for low cost race cars are in the scca forums ,racing junk or you could just pick up a good street car . just a cheap street car would be a good way to go . having a roll cage is great but again buying a race car that is all set up with r-compound tires and racing suspension really is not the best to learn on . it will tend to mask what you maybe doing wrong out on the track .
Who stole Dave's screen name/log in? I see a bunch of punctuation symbols. :P
Paul G.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm

LOL i know i write like crap !
There is a dam good reasons i don't write books for a living . But wait i am writing a book on body and paint it's geared to the DIY Porsche owner . I must get about 10 to 15 emails every day on how to do and what to do on there Porsche's . My step dad is the editor that's what he did for a living . If you could not tell from how i write i have this thing called dyslexia . It has nothing to do with your IQ i did score very high on mine but it does have to do with what you see . If you see a small letters or lower case letters like d as a b and words like what ,when , were really screw you up then you may have Dyslexia to some degree . It doesn't help that i don't check what i write but i think most can kind of figure out what i write . i will have to say one thing about dyslexia it does make me a better artist . I can draw a mirror miage from left side to right side and also draw a perfect circle . you can see about the art thing if you look at any one of John Spain's or my helmets i have airbrushed . So there maybe some bad about having dyslexia there are some good things too . I am sorry if you find my writing to hard to read but it is just as hard for me to write .

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by CP » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm

So which do you prefer: doods or boobs or doobs?
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:33 pm

CP wrote:So which do you prefer: doods or boobs or doobs?
doobies with boobies are great !

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm

962porsche wrote:LOL i know i write like crap !
So there maybe some bad about having dyslexia there are some good things too . I am sorry if you find my writing to hard to read but it is just as hard for me to write .
Just giving ya a hard time Dave, all in good fun. It really doesn't bother me one bit. Sorry if I touched a nerve. - Paul G.
Paul G.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:19 am

i don't care at all about it so it in no way bothers me . when you have to deal with it your hole life you tend not to care any more about what people think . every one tells me the same thing on every forum i'm on . if i really cared i may start to reread what i write .and that is just not going to happen .