Ode to the insurance companys... I Hate you.

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
TTA89

Ode to the insurance companys... I Hate you.

Post by TTA89 » Fri May 26, 2006 4:50 pm

Yeah I know, everyone hates them. Nevermind the fact I have never filed a claim yet still have to pay thousands a year to this staterun scam...

I called yesterday to request insurance cards for my Car and Truck so I can show proof of Insurance in Canada when we go to Mosport. I am told that I can only request a card for 1 vehicle... :evil: What?! Why?

"Why do you need it for both?"

Well... I'm going to a Car show and I might trailer the car up there. Whats the difference! Doesn't my policy cover me in Canada?

"Yes"

Then can I please have cards that prove that for both vehicles?? (Shesh!)

"Ok they will go out today"

Thank You! "Click..."

So I get home from work today and sure enough they showed up. (amazing!) Oh but wait... I open them up and they show an effective date of 5/26/2006 and an Expiry Date of 6/2/2006. Gee... That was a complete waste of time....

I call back and ask why I can only go to Canada for 7 days.

"Well when are you going?"

Sometime in June, whats the difference? Can't you just give me cards that are valid for a year? What if I want to go back a couple times, I do I need to keep calling and requesting cards? (This is stupid!)

"I'll put in a Request for cards that Expire Jan 31st, 2007"

Does that mean they are coming or what?

"I don't know, it needs to be approved and the person that does that is gone for the day"

Ok Thanks... Click

Everything with Car Insurance is such a rediculous Scam and they make it so difficult to do anything! I hate them!!! Argggggggggggggggggg I want to move to NH. I hate Mass!

/Rant

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Fri May 26, 2006 5:37 pm

In Cow Hampshire, an uninsured toolbox could rear-end you, and if neither of you have insurance, gooooood luck! In Mass, you're required to have financial responsibility to fix any damage you may do with your vehicle.

My insurance agent has been fairly good to me. Perhaps you should have asked to speak to that person's supervisor.

Raj
#66 SuperSlowGT
Silver 2004 Nissan 350Z

JackFFR1846
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by JackFFR1846 » Sat May 27, 2006 9:39 pm

Mike,

If you don't happen to be with an independent agent, you might want to switch.

I was with Met when I worked at DEC back in the stone age. Seemed like a different high school kid working for them every time I went in. Snowmobile insurance 1st year: $36. 2nd year quote $326. ??? The independents tend to have people working there for many years and they actually care about their clients because they want your business for everything....not just auto. My agent actually sent me a letter because the insurance co I had (agent is independent, remember) was bought out and appeared to be screwing people when policies were redone. Switched all my stuff to another company with nothing more than a phone call. I don't work for any insurance company (I'm an engineer). But I hear these complaints all the time for the big companies who sell their own policies only.

I called my agent Thursday because I remembered that I need to register a trailer that's on a temp tag from NH. This morning, the stamped RMV-1 form is in my mailbox with a note saying they didn't know the # of wheels on it, so please just fill that in before I hit the registry. I would not be surprised to hear your agent just put that one into the "in" box until they have all your information. You'd get it just in time to transfer it over to your snowmobile trailer.