1999 _DEAD_ Porsche Boxster 2.5L engine

THE place to sell it, buy it, or give it away.
chaddejn
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

1999 _DEAD_ Porsche Boxster 2.5L engine

Post by chaddejn » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Howdy all,
I have a seized (due to a slipped sleeve) 2.5L 1999 Boxster engine with about 25K miles on it. The car itself is getting a different engine (a 1.8T) installed and we’re close to being done with the project… so now I have a nearly complete (but dead) 2.5L engine for sale as a whole or parted out.

Because of the current condition, and the lack of a full tear down to determine how bad is bad, the parts are being sold as is. All we have done is take off 1 head (which has bend valves, and the head itself is damaged), so condition of things like the crank are unknown. Also… forgive my lack of proper terms for parts, as most of this is beyond my mechanical knowledge. Feel free to ask questions, and I’ll attempt to answer them and/or try to find out from my mechanic. For the record, I have been told by 2 Porsche mechanics to _NOT_ rebuild this block due to unknown possible damage, though there has been no leaking oil I'm aware of.

The engine is at my mechanic’s (Advanced Technologies) in Gloucester, MA. If you care to look over a part before buying, let me know and we can arrange some time to go and look. I'd prefer local pickup, but for some of the smaller parts shipping can be arranged.

Known good parts:
• ECU
• Dual mass fly wheel (maybe the clutch too, I forget if that was reused or not).
• most of the wiring harness (we cut off 1 of the ECU connectors to make the 1.8T wiring easier)
• 5 coil packs (believe me, you don’t want #6)
• Chain tensioners (these will go in several other Porsche engines as well)
• Intake (will need cleaning to get the engine shrapnel out of it)
• Fuel distribution
• AC compressor and some of the plumbing
• Nearly complete exhaust (I may cut the tips off to maintain a boxster look, and the use of the original cat in the rebuild is still TBD)
• Several other parts that would be good for emergency spares (ie, things you’d normally want ‘new’, like a water pump, or maybe the timing chain itself?)
• Many others, but that’s what I can think of now.

First come first serve, no reasonable offers refused… and probably some unreasonable offers accepted. I'll entertain purchases for everything first. Help me pay for my Porsche repairs!