Gran Turismo 5

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
joncowen
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Gran Turismo 5

Post by joncowen » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 am

I would bet they just edited it to make the viewers feel that the judges decisions were clear cut. That editing, with the clown music during the drifting was horrible. It made you look really bad. I noticed this for every person they booted on the previous ones. They make the people they are about to boot look bad. Its just for TV.

nateh
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by nateh » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:59 am

It's "reality,", not reality.
Nate Hine
1985 driversupply Frankenspec
1995 Spec Miata #47(1) white-blue

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:55 pm

savage217 wrote:
I can imagine it would be pretty shitty on that course, a GTR would be more fun IMO and better suited too. Did you end up getting a decent hang of it? They made that guy Andre seem like he got into the car and was better than everyone there. Maybe they did it because you really did not make many mistakes for the first three episodes and they felt like they needed to make you look bad. It would not surprise me seeing as though, to my knowledge, they never called you out for lack of effort, desire, skill, etc like all the others drivers were....

Sell the M3 and it is doable :wink:
I didn't really get anything right with that instructor they showed in the episode, but when we switched courses (with the other instructor) I feel like I did alright - I just slid it around a bit and had more fun, but they didn't show any of that...

They did a LOT of little things for TV, like making Bryan out to be a winey bitch and then the dark horse...we all knew that he and Phil were super solid all week in the cars (and both were super classy about it), especially when they had 1 lap to make something happen w/ a new track/car combo.

Andre really did start to get quite a bit better as the week went on, so it wouldn't surprise me (they split us into 2 groups for the rally so I didn't see him firsthand). He's also an idiot on public roads (he posted videos of himself drifting his friends 1 series in a parking lot...with other cars around, and then the off-ramp clips), so I'm sure he did pick up the rally stuff quickly.
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB