Mosport in May

Any and all discussions concerning events.
SEISAN
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Mosport in May

Post by SEISAN » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks for the track guide, Nate. with this and Will's walk around I should be able to go FLAT OUT my first time there.

Also, if you are going to Mosport and have not signed up for the all you can eat COM BBQ. You have till the 27th. This will give us enough time to purchase the food. Don't delay and miss out, sign up today on the registration, social event tab.

see you up north.....Aye.

S & B

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 pm

SEISAN wrote:I should be able to go FLAT OUT my first time there.
Shake and Bake - With those new sticker Hoosier tires and the track guides, Lap 1 just line up that 2nd "C" on corner 4, bury the throttle, and you are good to go - what's the worst that could happen?
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB

SEISAN
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by SEISAN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:05 am

The worst thing.... Mmmmm.. Let me see. Since Fred told me he has smacked up a couple of cars there and he has more experience than me. I may limit it to 1/2 Flat Out and enjoy myself at Mosport and the rest of the season. I definitely do not want to be a spectator.

S & B

bigjim
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by bigjim » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:40 pm

WOW, three hours on the alignment rack, had to shift the engine cradle (no adjustments installed for the front yet, not enough time to get them done and re-aligned before play time), Maggie handles like a dream now, numbers were in left field! Slicks get mounted Sunday with a quick, um test run to get the goobers off then a good balance. Brake fluid flush and Almost ready to play...
'05 Magnum SPA

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 pm

SEISAN wrote:The worst thing.... Mmmmm.. Let me see. Since Fred told me he has smacked up a couple of cars there and he has more experience than me. I may limit it to 1/2 Flat Out and enjoy myself at Mosport and the rest of the season. I definitely do not want to be a spectator.

S & B
Lol - just based on the videos I don't know if that vette will ever be able to go flat out over that corner and hang on...

I'm looking forward to this event like Christmas - just signed up and paid (waited for the new credit card statement to "space out" the track expenditures for the wife), and I'm probably dragging yet another new COM member that I raced with at F1 Boston over the winter.
- Nick

1999 Mazda Miata - T50

SEISAN
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by SEISAN » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Nick

How are you going to get 2 Karts up to Mosport from F-1. Did they let you rent them. I think you will definetly be able to go FLAT OUT with them up there.

S & B

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:18 pm

SEISAN wrote:Nick

How are you going to get 2 Karts up to Mosport from F-1. Did they let you rent them. I think you will definetly be able to go FLAT OUT with them up there.

S & B
HA - don't worry about that, you just check your mirrors very closely in the corners, and don't run me over up the Andretti straight...
- Nick

1999 Mazda Miata - T50

wizzman
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by wizzman » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Are you required to show a Canada-specific insurance card to cross the border?

Also, I have a two queen bed reservation at the Best Western in Oshawa for Sunday night and Monday night if anyone is still looking for a place to stay. Its SUPER cheap!

~Dave
-Dave W.

1994 Mazda Miata T50 #56

Stynger
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Stynger » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

wizzman wrote:Are you required to show a Canada-specific insurance card to cross the border?

Also, I have a two queen bed reservation at the Best Western in Oshawa for Sunday night and Monday night if anyone is still looking for a place to stay. Its SUPER cheap!

~Dave
You don't need the card to get in the country.

FWIW my wife works for an insurance company, she always makes me get one. :wink:
Les.

COM Instructor

NA Miata D-TYPE

Drive it like you stole it!

bigjim
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by bigjim » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

wizzman wrote:Are you required to show a Canada-specific insurance card to cross the border?

~Dave

Only need the cards if you um, back OVER some Canadians NEW Toyota Celica with a conversion van...
'05 Magnum SPA

FredRoy
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: Mosport in May - FUEL

Post by FredRoy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 am

FYI for those of you that haven't been to Mosport in a few years... Fueling in Ontario is usually a challenge unless your can runs fine on 91 octane gas. Hopefully, there are a few 94 octane gas stations around, pretty much all of them are under the "Petro Canada" banner.

Stinson's gas station (on the road between the track and Bowmanville) might still be closed. It was last fall. Here are a few of the closest stations according to Petro Canada's website (I have not actually checked them out, YMMV).

310 Waverley Rd
Bowmanville, Ontario
L1C 3K3

1402 King St E.
Courtice, Ontario
L1E 2J5

490 White St
Cobourg, Ontario
K9A 5N4

Fred

bigjim
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by bigjim » Tue May 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Had a blast when it was dry (two runs ending with a minor mechanical). Scariest surface I have ever run in the wet. Enjoy a few minutes in my Wagon. I'm happy 1:45 for my first ever on R-comps.

'05 Magnum SPA

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Wed May 04, 2011 11:03 am

Mosport in the wet..stay off the concrete.. :shock: Glad you guys got some dry time. What is that flashing unit on your dash?
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Wed May 04, 2011 11:24 am

breakaway500 wrote:Mosport in the wet..stay off the concrete.. :shock: Glad you guys got some dry time. What is that flashing unit on your dash?
Some did, some did not :shock:
Wet conditions was an overall equalizer of sorts. Just looking at the postings on the times by run groups and majority was within 5 second delta amongst all classes with of course a few aberrations here and there. One quick stop in the rain during TT makes a difference.
Still take MOSPORT on any given day wet or dry, it was an AWESOME event! 8)
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)

nateh
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by nateh » Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Stephan, I also was struck by how much of an equalizer the rain turned out to be.

Fortunately, nothing else struck me or was struck by me or my car. Much tank-slappery was had, however.

What an event!
Nate Hine
1985 driversupply Frankenspec
1995 Spec Miata #47(1) white-blue