question about track day at nhis

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
mhiggins
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by mhiggins » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:03 pm

Any one watching the 12 hrs of Sebring on speed? 3hrs left. Audi diesel w/800ftps of torque was in first place last time I checked. Talk about farting in a can. I wonder if my power stroke will fit in my mustang.

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:22 pm

mhiggins wrote:Any one watching the 12 hrs of Sebring on speed? 3hrs left. Audi diesel w/800ftps of torque was in first place last time I checked. Talk about farting in a can. I wonder if my power stroke will fit in my mustang.
A very interesting race. What gets me is that they had all that TQ and no (legally allowed) traction control. As a Ferrari fan, it was nice to see the out of the box 430 do well. The guy posts on another forum i frequent and must say they did amazing considering almost no test time and no development work. The Panoz looked VERY impressive and glad they had nice reliability.

As the motto goes, and rightly so, high HP looks good but it is TQ that wins races.
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:32 am

If the Powerstroke didn't just about weigh as much as a Miata, it might be an interesting swap. Hmm, no mention in the rules about propane injection!! :lol:
-Keith-

SPB116

deadeyeb
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

just want to say thanks

Post by deadeyeb » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:27 pm

thanks for the good time sunday .everybody i talked to in the group seemed friendly ,and didn't mind answering all my questions. hope to have my car ready by the next close to home outing. thanks again.
Fred B.
1983 944 n/a