2011 Schedule?

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2011 Schedule?

Post by Mick » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:27 pm

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:46 pm

The test/tune day is on the club event roster,but you can't sign up...
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:09 pm

breakaway500 wrote:The test/tune day is on the club event roster,but you can't sign up...
The ink isn't even dry on the contract!

Yes, this is a go. All has developed as fast as it has been posted on our forums.

Registration capability will be up on the website soon, followed by an announcement to members...

Woo-hoo!
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:14 pm

That is a very good price for an open track thing. I'll go. I need to shake down the "big block"...
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:19 pm

"The ink isn't even dry on the contract!"
I figured the sooner people started signing up,the more likely it will happen.... Is there a number of registrations that have to be met,or is this a go event,no matter what?

"Big" block... :shock: Image

McMahonRacing
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by McMahonRacing » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Is it my eyes or did NHMS put "Cars" back on the regular Open Test schedule along w/ "Bikes" ..... thought it had been MIA from there for the last month or so .....

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:36 pm

It still looks like bikes only on the April 14th to me...but I did happen to see NHMS will be hosting a 24hrs of lemons "race" in May.. :shock:

MiataSteve
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by MiataSteve » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:21 pm

McMahonRacing wrote:Is it my eyes or did NHMS put "Cars" back on the regular Open Test schedule along w/ "Bikes" ..... thought it had been MIA from there for the last month or so .....

There looks to be a snafu on one of the lists as of today. The bicycles are on track at 6PM.
T30 #32 Miata: The Red and Yellow Machine!

blindsidefive0

Post by blindsidefive0 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 pm

Is the schedule final? It looks like there are 7 time trials, with the last ending in early October - after looking through previous schedules I've noticed that most years have 8 events, with the last event around the November time frame.

Does the BOD have any late season surprises? I recall chatter about negotiations with Mt Tremblant, and the forum reflected positive feedback from Monticello. I'm not complaining as I won't be able to attend all the current events anyway...just curious.
- Nick
nicholas.fontana@gmail.com

1999 Mazda Miata - T50
FS: 1997 Green BMW M3 - T80/SC
RIP: 1994 White BMW 325i - SSB

red610
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by red610 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 am

Just wondering how the three days at NHMS are going to work? Two days of untimed runs open to students and the time trial on Sunday?

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

red610 wrote:Just wondering how the three days at NHMS are going to work? Two days of untimed runs open to students and the time trial on Sunday?
Day one normal HPDE for students and normal run groups for licensed drivers all day.
Day two normal licensed and signed to solo drivers practice in the AM and Time Trial in the PM
Day three open track for licensed and signed off to solo drivers. Only limitation is the 20 group max size imposed by the track which will be controlled by coordination between COM Operations and NHMS track control.

Worked great last year. Sign up options will probably be the same, Day 1, or day 2 or day 3 or any combination thereof for licensed drivers. Students may also sign up for all three days and get refunded if not signed off to solo after the first day, but students MUST sign up for the first day.

Options will be posted again at the time event registration takes place.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

dtlemoine
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dtlemoine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:13 pm

blindsidefive0 wrote:Is the schedule final? It looks like there are 7 time trials, with the last ending in early October - after looking through previous schedules I've noticed that most years have 8 events, with the last event around the November time frame.

Does the BOD have any late season surprises? I recall chatter about negotiations with Mt Tremblant, and the forum reflected positive feedback from Monticello. I'm not complaining as I won't be able to attend all the current events anyway...just curious.
BOD - I was wondering the same thing. Looking back at most of the prior years, it looks like 8 events were scheduled each year. Are we working to secure at 8th TT event this year?

Of the 16 track days scheduled, only 5 days are on weekends/holidays. While the Monday/Tuesday events are definitely preferred to the mid-week timeslot, 11 days is still a ton of time to take off to run with the club. I'm really hoping there's another weekend event in the mix this year at a non-NHMS track (while it is close and convenient, 10 out of 16 days at our "local" track gets repetitive - I had a blast at WGI and NJMP last year, both firsts for me).
Dave

E36 328is | SD #14

Stynger
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Stynger » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 am

chaos4NH wrote:
red610 wrote:Just wondering how the three days at NHMS are going to work? Two days of untimed runs open to students and the time trial on Sunday?
Day one normal HPDE for students and normal run groups for licensed drivers all day.
Day two normal licensed and signed to solo drivers practice in the AM and Time Trial in the PM
Day three open track for licensed and signed off to solo drivers. Only limitation is the 20 group max size imposed by the track which will be controlled by coordination between COM Operations and NHMS track control.

Worked great last year. Sign up options will probably be the same, Day 1, or day 2 or day 3 or any combination thereof for licensed drivers. Students may also sign up for all three days and get refunded if not signed off to solo after the first day, but students MUST sign up for the first day.

Options will be posted again at the time event registration takes place.
This info is wrong. :oops:
This year it will be school, school, TT. BOD just voted on it last night.
There will be some incentive to do all 3 days.
Les.

COM Instructor

NA Miata D-TYPE

Drive it like you stole it!

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 am

Correct Les. And as I noted, the options would be posted when the event details are explained.
Sounds like a great weekend!
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40