Corner weights at NHIS

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Bane of Tires

Corner weights at NHIS

Post by Bane of Tires » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:48 pm

Hey, does anyone here know if the corner weight machine at NHIS is freely available to use at an event? I've never seen it used but it's always on...

therooster
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

Post by therooster » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:31 pm

The scales in the tech shed are always on and as far as I know available for our use. The problem is figureing out how to use them. My suggestion to get weights is to first first unplug/replug the display unit inside the shed to reset it as not every one knows how to use it. Once it resets I think that it will ask you for a car number. Enter anything as this make no difference. Then you put the car on the scales as desired. Follow the prompts and you should be able to get the weight of whatever is on the scale.

To get corner weights etc... you have to do atleast 2 measurements, the front wheels only and the rear wheels only. Then some simple math comes into play.

My suggestion is to get weights for the front wheels, all four and the rear wheels. That way you can not only do corner weights but cross weights ect...

It has been a while since I have played with the scales but they are easy to figure out if you reset the scales and keep it simple. Do not worry about the rest of the features, we just need the simple stuff.

Chris

SSNH
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by SSNH » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:05 am

are they working now?

viewtopic.php?t=111

Bane of Tires

Post by Bane of Tires » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:53 am

I'd imgine the device is somewhat protected. If not, they've had time to fix it. :P

JackFFR1846
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by JackFFR1846 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:37 pm

If the one in the south garage are isn't working, go over to the north garage area. I weigh my car a lot (have a weight reduction goal) and use the scales about every other time I'm at NHIS.

jack