NHMS2 ?

Any and all discussions concerning events.
John F
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

NHMS2 ?

Post by John F » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:54 pm

No talk about the first ever (I think) 3 day holiday weekend extravaganza! What's up? :?:
John F
#167 SA FFR roadster

solfly
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Re: NHMS2 ?

Post by solfly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 pm

it was awesome, hopefully people have pics/videos that theyll post

Mark Swinehart
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Mark Swinehart » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:13 pm

I think most people had a great time. I think there was only one Cobra there - missed seeing you.

Tons of track time and a lots of Sam's pizza. Actually I heard that Sam is going to bring the leftover pizza to Mont Tremblant - it will be all you can eat for only $5.

We used to do 3-day holiday events during October at NHIS - on Columbus Day weekend. The format was a little different then with School Day, School Day, and Time Trials on the third day.

CalypsoBean
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by CalypsoBean » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I had a great time - it was a fun event. I was there for Friday, and the only thing that made it a bit weird was all the on-track incidents - certainly unusual. I tried to stress to some of the first timers out with the club that this was not the norm for a COM event.

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:20 pm

That was by far the best event I've had at NHMS. I clocked just over 200 track miles, and the car was rock solid. I've had a day to relax and I'm still completely smoked. I had a great time bombing around with the other ST4 guys.. Will convinced me to head out for the last 30 minutes that the track was green yesterday. It was bliss.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm

it was ok ? the silver bmw e30 M3 hit the wall .i was also bummed to hear about bruce's bad luck . and marks car well i have to much to say about that !!!!!! i have to many problems with the diasio to list and had to miss day 3 .but i was good . i could only do a 1:14 for one lap with the car then the clutch just start to slip even more . i think i can get into the 1:11's with the car but there are just so many bugs to work out ! it will take time . amis hine and i worked on the car kind of late friday night so i could get to run saturday . but then the car came down with another problem . the shifter broke the only good about that is now i have to go with the paddle or push button shifter from rill tech racing . i'm still happy with the car and that i got it . but the shop the did the motor swap for the PO did such a hack job every thing in the wiring and drive line needs to be fixed .

Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Dave_G » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 pm

TroyV wrote:That was by far the best event I've had at NHMS. I clocked just over 200 track miles, and the car was rock solid. I've had a day to relax and I'm still completely smoked. I had a great time bombing around with the other ST4 guys..
Ditto here. Around 200 miles of driving, and the car was rock solid too (except for corded tires and brake pads worn to the backing plates :P). It was an outstanding weekend, and I had so much fun I hardly even noticed how hot it was. it was HUGE fun! Big thanks to Mark for the use of his tires and Jeff for personally demonstrating just how much speed you can carry through Turn 9. 8)
Dave
ST4 Miata #62

John F
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by John F » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:54 am

Mark Swinehart wrote:I think most people had a great time. I think there was only one Cobra there - missed seeing you.

Tons of track time and a lots of Sam's pizza. Actually I heard that Sam is going to bring the leftover pizza to Mont Tremblant - it will be all you can eat for only $5.

We used to do 3-day holiday events during October at NHIS - on Columbus Day weekend. The format was a little different then with School Day, School Day, and Time Trials on the third day.
Sounds good! Wish I was there! I find it much easier getting time off from work instead of "interrupting" weekend plans. Maybe I need a new social director :roll:
John F
#167 SA FFR roadster

tedneck
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by tedneck » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:03 pm

I enjoyed NHMS-2. Thanks COM. Looking forward to NHMS-3.

AtreusX
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by AtreusX » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 am

It was my first track event ever and it was a lot of fun (I was in the slow silver Z)

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by CP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Cudos to Will et al for the open track format on Sunday. Good way to spend a holiday that doesn't involve plans with the wife's friends :roll:
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

StephanAlfa
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by StephanAlfa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:34 am

tedneck wrote:I enjoyed NHMS-2. Thanks COM. Looking forward to NHMS-3.
No Mont Tremblant or Watkins Glen? They are both awesome tracks! :sunny:
Stephan de Pénasse - Classroom Instructor - http://www.comscc.org
2001 BMW 330i Sports Package (T-60 Class)

John F
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by John F » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am

Although I can't make it to Mont Tremblant this year, I have to agree with Stephan that it is a Premier track and if you try it once, you will be back!
I am looking forward to the Glen to take it's place for this year.
John F
#167 SA FFR roadster

McMahonRacing
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by McMahonRacing » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 am

Was actually a 4 day event for me:

Open Test Thurs.
Ran the Mustang for the first time in just under a year, overheated front brakes ...... don't know how many laps but ran from 9 - 2pm, then went back home and swapped off for the Cobra

COM 3 days.
Managed 260+miles, still can't get the car to handle and those Hoosier Koni Challange tires just don't have the grip of a V-710, but they are fun and durable to say the least

Will be running the mustang for a bit now, Cobra is going is for a few mods & won't be back till they are ready.

Not tremblant for me but maybe WG.

Ron H.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post by Ron H. » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 am

i will be back at NHMS this year with you guys and did spend some time at Lime Rock this spring but Mt Tremblant and the Glen will have to be like the Sox usually are.....wait till next year. In the meantime suffice to say that I am hooked and last year's toe sampling the water is this year's wading in knee high. I may just need water wings for next year. Then again I need to "tread lightly" at home. That's it for the water analogies. Hope everyone has fun and stays safe wherever.

Ron