Car Show Opportunities to Promote COM

Any and all discussions concerning events.
962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Car Show Opportunities to Promote COM

Post by 962porsche » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm

dave what are you saying ? a clean car is a happy car ! i have entered 54 shows with my GTI i have won 38 best of shows and 16 1st in class . it is in no way a trailer queen ! i TT'ed and auto-crossed it for most of its life and it was an scca itb car for one year . i would still TT the car but all the driver safety gear is out of date and i sold the fuel cell cover .

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:56 pm

Dave_G wrote:
962porsche wrote:washing and waxing the suspension .
See, that right there is a good example of why I don't do car shows. :wink:
Ya, but that washing and waxing is why David doesn't put this car on the track! :!: You must see it! I would judge it as pretty darned EXOTIC. :D
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 pm

paultg wrote:Here is info on the show Sam is talking about:

http://www.northeastexotic.com/

I'd love to attend but I am going to be doing one of two things:
1. Autoxing with NE-SVT.
2. Driving to the Jersey Shore.

Paul G.
Just think how nice the COM logo and URL will look on the Exotic web site!
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

Dave_G
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Dave_G » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:36 am

962porsche wrote:dave what are you saying ? a clean car is a happy car !
Sorry, David, I wasn't saying anything personal, just that I don't have the patience for that. The closest I've come is once when I took the rear springs off my car, I wiped the brake dust off with a paper towel. :)

If what you say is true, I have some unhappy cars. But that's OK, I think that my cars are supposed to make me happy, not the other way around. I think it's great that there are people who get enjoyment out of washing and waxing their suspensions, and I would love to see your car! All I was saying was that I'm not one of them. :)
Dave
ST4 Miata #62

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 am

dave i get my balls broken all the time with the way i care for my cars . when it comes to cars yes they should make you happy. but its like having a wife and when the wife is happy every one is happy !!!! out of the 17 cars i have only 4 of them are untill death do us part kind of cars my 1st car 73 bug , my 1st new car the GTI , the `1985 bmw 735 i and the 93 delsol si . the delsol and the bmw were gifts so i will not sell them . i would like to take the GTI back to the track . i will have to order some aluminum to make a new fuel cell cover and call john at driversupply about the safety things . the gti turns a better lap times then my 944 does . what class should i run in ST4 ? i emailed dave with the car show club about a rain date or if its a rain or shin show . also are we parting on grass ?

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:16 am

962porsche wrote:the gti turns a better lap times then my 944 does . what class should i run in ST4 ?
From what I remember of the GTi, I think it would be an SPC car, but possibly PC. I may be mistaken, but thought the carpeting was removed? In any event, it would be one of the fastest front drivers.
David, PM sent.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:40 pm

Lets see some pictures of this GTI, I don't think I'll make it to the show (and I love to see folks who are more crazy than I am when it comes to cleaning cars, it makes me feel less crazy).
Paul G.

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:58 pm

photos ? i have the ones from the magazines the car was in . but that is pretty much it . i asked dave g to take photos but i live in ct and dave lives in vt. i do like his work and would still like him to do the photos !wink ! it was classed in DSP for auto-x and it would be in spc ? i'm just saying st4 becouse thats the class dave g runs in . but after i stopped racing it i did install the carpet , head lined and inner door panels . 11 years ago i did swap in a audi 80 2.0 L NA motor so would that put the car in PC ? vw and audi are the same co. so it didn't change the class it ran in with other clubs . NO NO paul cleaning our cars is a sickness . i just can't help it ! i have to armer all my steering rack boots .

Neptune441
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Neptune441 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:12 pm

i'm in 100%
Adrian
2008 STI SPB Ballistic Motorsports Built

luhrs68
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by luhrs68 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Sam
I see you don't have me listed for the show, just as well. my wife just let me know that we will be camping the week of the 17th and not returning untill the 23rd. it's her only week off, and I have to keep her happy at least one week a year. I was looking forward to the show.

George.
#61 944 ST3

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:15 pm

luhrs68 wrote:Sam
I see you don't have me listed for the show, just as well. my wife just let me know that we will be camping the week of the 17th and not returning untill the 23rd. it's her only week off, and I have to keep her happy at least one week a year. I was looking forward to the show.

George.
#61 944 ST3
I apologize for the oversite George! I didn't go back far enough on the earlier thread. If your plans change, contact me, there is an opportunity for more COM members to bring their cars. I will set up an area for COM vehicles, but it will be separate from the main display, close, but a little set back. I will get COM literature and a banner with logo for the other area also. The more that attend, the better our image.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:20 pm

yes please we want a good showing of comscc members . even if its not a show car wash it put some dressing on the tires and go to the show .

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:45 pm

OK, time is getting becoming paramount, so here is the latest I have for the event on August 22.
If you have changed your plans, let me know ASAP so I can be sure we have the 6 cars for the main display.
Mick D M3 E30
Jake 69 Camaro
David B GTI VW
Kurt H M3 (E36?)
Me MS3
?
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 pm

Sam do you still want/need a Mustang?

-Scott
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 pm

That would be a good thing! Bimmers, VW, Mazda, Camaro and Mustang pretty nice. If Bruce wants to, I could squeeze in his Formula car, too. Anyone else? I will see if they can expand our area a bit.
BTW, who has the COM display? Last seen in Portland, would like it brought to the BOD meeting next Wednesday. I'll bring the truck.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40