Lapping @ Tremblant

Any and all discussions concerning events.
cuda6666
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Lapping @ Tremblant

Post by cuda6666 » Fri May 01, 2009 2:21 pm

I thought you were racing sheep in New Zealand.
Subaru Legacy GT #67

"Track time is my enemy"
- Frank Perron

"I remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous."

nhsilversti
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by nhsilversti » Fri May 01, 2009 5:50 pm

cuda6666 wrote:I thought you were racing sheep in New Zealand.
im back! there sure are a lot of sheep over there, my pee pee hurts now.
need parts for your trailer, welding repairs/fabrication (sorry cant do aluminum), tires mounted and balanced, feel free to email/pm me. i am located a little west of nashua. ted

rajito
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by rajito » Fri May 01, 2009 6:07 pm

nhsilversti wrote:
cuda6666 wrote:I thought you were racing sheep in New Zealand.
im back! there sure are a lot of sheep over there, my pee pee hurts now.
Hey Ted, when I told you sheep are more fun because they have more boobs, I was just joking. I didn't think you'd actually go out and sodomize them.

Raj
#66 SuperSlowGT
Silver 2004 Nissan 350Z

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Sun May 03, 2009 11:34 am

nhsilversti wrote:
cuda6666 wrote:As you can see below, track time is my enemy. It's competition I want...so sign up!
are you running PB this year? maybe ill sign up and misclass myself just so you can have some competition :wink:
Welcome back Ted.
I think Frank is running "in the shop" this year.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

mossaidis
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by mossaidis » Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 pm

For my grand COMSCC 2009 event, I am trying to get the 'miss' to commit to a combo MT event and a Montreal vacation. 'More news at 11' I can't wait to see nino and kay again, hang out by the pool ('pond') and eat tons of snooty french food for cheap USD.

For those of you've already sign-up, congrats!
2008 Porsche GT2 RS Baden-Württemberg Special Edition (800 whp)

subsonic
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by subsonic » Thu May 07, 2009 9:51 pm

boltonite wrote:Walk the track to ~100 ft before T7, lay down and take a good look at the track -- as if you were a golfer planning a very long putt.

Note the changes in camber and elevation. Note the difference in camber a few feet from the apex versus right at the apex/inside curbing. You also want to take a good look at what happens on the other side of the T7 apex (the corner tightens up and the track is crowned).

In my car (taking T7 flat) the car will push a bit at turn in, bite as it hits the elevation, hook up at the apex, then start to drift (can be scary, cars is light), but ultimately gets grip near the exit where the road tightens up but also flattens out. The trick is the entry angle, not missing the apex, and not upsetting the car's balance as it transitions thru the corner (I would love to see data on corner weight changes from entry to exit).

Done right, T7 is just as thrilling as T2 at Mosport or the downhill at Lime Rock, imo.

Le Circuit is one track worth walking, you can take the access loop to get from T6 to T10-T11-T12 if you are lazy or pressed for time. The pavement/surface condition used to be a big factor but the repave and new asphalt has pretty much negated that. -FF
Yes, I was reading other talking about late apexing this...and was thinking of my line.

Fred tought me that early entry line last year...You need to get your wheels in there before the apex - or else pretty much have to give up.

At first, when you turn in, nothing indicates you will make the turn. Similar in feeling to turn 2 at mosport, you have to convince yourself that it will stick...once past the apex you don't know this until you are out of the turn...
#217 SPB