OMP Racing Seats - Looking for feedback

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
Chris Yates
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

OMP Racing Seats - Looking for feedback

Post by Chris Yates » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm in the market for a racing seat and was curious if anyone has first hand experience with an OMP seat.

If yes, what model and how well did you fit in the seat (weight/waist band/height).

Thank you,
Chris
Chris Yates
96 Cobra

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: OMP Racing Seats - Looking for feedback

Post by 962porsche » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:16 pm

chris i had 2 custom made seats built for me by OMP for my vw gti . i had to send them 6 measurements of my body . it fits me like it was made for me . O-becouse it was ! OMP is a very good CO.i have there steering wheels and other things from them they are on par with momo and sparco . just mesure yourself and get a seat thats your size . you could always get a seat shell and get a creafoam seat insert kit . its much cheaper and will be better in alot of ways . seat insert kits can be had from pegasus auto racing .com part # 4525-small or 4525-medium .

cuda6666
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by cuda6666 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 am

For those on a more limited budget:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2130
Subaru Legacy GT #67

"Track time is my enemy"
- Frank Perron

"I remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous."

Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by Don P » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:33 pm

I had the Forza in my '94 Cobra; worked just fine, including a comfortable ride to and from events...
Don
"Senior" Instructor

962porsche
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by 962porsche » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:10 pm

i installed a ultra-shield seat in my porsche it was cheap like 200 bucks then i ordered the small seat kit for 125 dollars . i have not had the time to do the seat kit becouse of time and you need two people to do it . but for around 350 dollers you do get a seat made just for you ! the down side is looks ! on the other hand the custom OMP seats in my vw look real nice but the cost was high about 2100 dollars each . you can get nice looking seats that fit good for less money . but the more you move around in the seat the less you feal just what the car is doing and the more along with the quicker you fatigue .you may not think its a big deal . but if you have ever had a custom seat made for you there is a good chance you will never go back to an off the shelf seat .they are that good !

Chris Yates
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by Chris Yates » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:04 am

Thanks for the feedback. I had the chance to sit in a few Racetech seats with the integrated head protection. More than I want to spend but that's the direction I'm heading.

Chris
Chris Yates
96 Cobra