AND THE WINNER IS??? COM At Portland Expo

Any and all discussions concerning events.
craigh156
Fast Lapper
Fast Lapper

AND THE WINNER IS??? COM At Portland Expo

Post by craigh156 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Donna Coffin was the winner of the "Driver Education Day" drawing at the Portland Expo this past Saturday. She along with her husband Jim, are circle track drivers. Donna said she would give it to her husband.....maybe. The event featured mostly stock cars. We had quite a few people sign up for the drawing and made many connections concerning the club. We can return to this show next year and also go to the Augusta Civic Center, which is a 3 day show in January. I wish to thank Kurt H. and Berry G. for their help along with Grove, Johnathan, Sam and Shawn. Glad you all came to see us. (Sam is a very good announcer, thanks for volunteering.. )...Craig and I took many pictures that will be forwarded to "The Drift" along with photos of Donna Coffin and a better write up....Dianne
Craig
Mustang Cobra 1994 STGT #156
Mustang Cobra 1995 SPA #55

khissong
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Re: AND THE WINNER IS??? COM At Portland Expo

Post by khissong » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Thank you Craig and Dianne. You guys did a great job in waving the flag for COM and put in two very long days. The COM booth and Craig's Cobra looked terrific. A big thumbs up to you two.

Kurt

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 am

Great job Dianne and Craig! Your car really looked spiffy Craig. I know you guys put a lot of hours into that show. We need to keep plugging our club and we will begin generating interest. The drawing (thanks for the prompt!) was a good idea, also. As for the volunteering......where did all of you go when the microphone came along? :roll:
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

grovefromnh
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by grovefromnh » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 am

3 steps backwards. Nice display, thanks C & D
30+ yr member

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:37 pm

I thought I recognized that voice over the microphone. That was a good circle track show. Imagine how cool it would have been if all the COM cars had a show like that. Now THAT would turn some heads and draw some crowds. Porsches, BMWs, formula cars, a lowered SUV, eco friendly spec racer, the list goes on. Ours are all of the funest high performance cars set up for real performance and several cars that you would expect to be as fast as they are. COM has the greatest collection of real performance cars I have seen anywhere. Not car show cars, but the ones that actually can go fast. If a big bunch of these cars were to gather somewhere in public, there would be alot of curiosity and questions. :idea:
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99
http://www.SweeneyLawGroupLLC.com

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Shawn624 wrote:I thought I recognized that voice over the microphone. That was a good circle track show. Imagine how cool it would have been if all the COM cars had a show like that. Now THAT would turn some heads and draw some crowds. Porsches, BMWs, formula cars, a lowered SUV, eco friendly spec racer, the list goes on. Ours are all of the funest high performance cars set up for real performance and several cars that you would expect to be as fast as they are. COM has the greatest collection of real performance cars I have seen anywhere. Not car show cars, but the ones that actually can go fast. If a big bunch of these cars were to gather somewhere in public, there would be alot of curiosity and questions. :idea:

The Northeast Exotic Car Show at the Budweiser Plant in Merrimack might be just the ticket! I showed the GG there 2 years ago, as did Grove his S2000 and, hhhhmmmm, you know that guy with the yellow FC car. :wink:

It is sometime around mid July and anyone can show their car for a minimal fee. I would propose that we each pay our own entry fee, but I will check with the organizers to see if we can get our own place on the show grounds. The have sections set aside for various marques and clubs. I will check on details! Grove, give me a call, I think you have the connections I need to set this up?
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:47 pm

That would be an excellent forum. I was at that show last year just to look around and there were many cars that were similar to the ones showing up for COM events. That's the NorthEast Exotic show hosted by the Dodge Viper Club. Last year it was August 16th. It might benefit us to make it earlier in the year. There is a Mustang show at the NH Tech in Nashua on Father's day that sometimes has a few SCCA cars. That's actually the show where I first found out about SCDA [there were a couple of thier cars there] which eventually led me to COM.
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 pm

And by the way, we have some really nice Mustangs.
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:53 pm

You are correct, August the past 2 years. And all for a great cause: The Make A Wish Foundation. I have initiated contact with the organizers and will get a packet of info together. It would be nice if we could do this as a club, but I would be willing to go it alone with any other interested members.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

Shawn624
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Shawn624 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Count me in.
Shawn Sweeney
97ish Miata #99

luhrs68
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by luhrs68 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm

sounds like a good time,you can count me in to.

George
porsche 944

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Starting a new thread.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40