Anyone running an E36 328is coupe with COM?...

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:04 pm

"Maybe the sticky tires are on the wrong car..."

^hehehe!

Troy, I can tell you from 100% experience,the dif between (225's) rt615's and (215's) V710's same day,same car,same driver, is 5 seconds at an svtoa a/x. Advantage V710's :shock:

I do like my Rt615's but for any serious "playing" stickies rule :wink:

Peter and Devin use Rt615's with huge success,so it would make a good rivalry. I might have to get a Beemer and join in! :lol:
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

gread
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by gread » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:52 pm

I have to jest with the Mustangs guys from SPA every once in a while. It really irritates them when 6 cylinders go faster than 8...

Kurt, I see you have been treating "Ole Bessie" well. No need for any painting booth time I hope. What's with the diff breakage? Doing roll back burnouts for the ladies can get expensive.
Did you sign up for the Watkins Glen BMWCCA club racing school? Octoberfest is at the Glen this year and I hear the event is jammin'. You could ease into a few Northeast races next year to get your rookie license.
Greg

TroyV
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TroyV » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:43 am

That's funny, and perhaps you are right, but I have a lot into the Mustang, and it goes good.

I want to do just enough with the 328 to enhance it very slightly, without costing a bunch. I inspected all the chassis and shock mount locations yesterday, and there are no cracks or deformations of any kind. Given the amount of miles the car has (204,500 now) I'm pretty confident that the car has remained tight because it remained stock. I plan to keep it very close to stock, with maybe an upgrade to the damping, pads/lines, and wheels/tires. The car is already fun as it sits, but the shocks/struts are long past their prime.
Troy Velazquez
#5 T50

paultg
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by paultg » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:14 pm

Put a cage in it! Get it over with!

Paul G.
(can I co-drive?) :P
Paul G.