Mosport- Who did 700 miles?

Any and all discussions concerning events.
lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:28 pm

Thanks to Mark S. and James H. I got to drive some boosted front drivers. My car had an overheating problem and I couldn't put more than 5 laps together at a time. The car ran hot at NHMS, then I found a problem with the head gasket. Street and dyno pulls didn't show anything but Mosport sure did!
My hotel was warm and dry. I slept so soundly I didn't hear any rain! The HoJo reviews online were not at all accurate. I even had a fridge.
I took 237 pics from all over the track. If you are interested in some pics pm me and I'll see if I have your car.
James Price had an interesting idea about how to keep Mosport. Pre-register now and see if enough people sign up to cover the costs. Something to think about.

subsonic
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by subsonic » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 pm

Well, I was at Mosport! I did it! It conquered me!

Since I've been a kid, Mont Tremblant and Mosport were dreams to me. I would hear people talk about Mosport and how 'challenging' a track it was.

There were right, after the 2 first sessions on Monday, I was thinking there was no way I was going to run the time trials on that track. Well I did and after the time trial, you should have seen Ted and I getting out of our cars...laughing, smiling, proud, hi-fiving: you can't get bored of Mosport.

Next year, I am going again and see if I can get those 2 seconds I was not able to get at turn 2 and 4... I probably replayed those turns for about 400 miles worth during my drive back...it did not feel long at all.

Thanks everyone, I had a blast.
#217 SPB

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi Scott -- too bad you couldn't make it to Mosport. It was my first time, did about 425 miles. Had a great time, Mustangs did well. Brian S. won SPA in his Rouch Mustang, I didn't win STGT (got 2nd) but Scott B. won it in a newer Mustang Cobra. I never drove so much at an event. Had the best time in the open session after time trials. Mark S. and I played cat and mouse. His Focus realy goes for a front wheel driver. He chased me than I chased him , we were out there until they closed the track down. We were both looking to do even more laps.
Mosport was a lot of fun and I learned how to drive the track after the time trial ! But If the attendance was high like NHMS and track time was limited would it be so much fun ? Every body that goes loves it because you can get 6 hours of track time a day but if you only got 1 1/2 hours would it still be so loved ? After all the drive to it is a killer. Traveling with Mark S. did make the drive much less stressful. Our cook out by the side of the road next to the wind mills was something to remember. Teds camp fires were fun (alittle smokey) and every body was great. Too bad the club loses so much money on the event. I fear we will never be back there.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/

Grippy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by Grippy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:29 pm

I believe less than 20 more participants would have made us break even and would have made no difference in track time. It is a big track that you can fit a lot of cars on without congestion. Most of the time I was alone on track looking for someone to play with.

Going to these great tracks is what sets COM apart from other clubs, it will be a shame if we can't find a way to go back.

It was an 8 hour easy tow out, not much further than Tremblant.

Dan, glad you enjoyed the track.
Gordon Andrade
#10 Super C MX-5

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:55 pm

I really think that this year is a bad sampling to make long term decisions of future events.

Dan, I'm glad you got to experience Mosport. I think you would have still had a blast with triple the number of cars.
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:14 pm

offcamber09 wrote:I really think that this year is a bad sampling to make long term decisions of future events.
Perhaps Scott, however, Mosport has lost money every year except the first one or two trips.
That said, I am certainly one of those who hopes we can return again, and again.
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

DanDarcy
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by DanDarcy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Scoot and Gordon, I think you both are correct about having more cars and still plenty of track time. I did one session of 24 laps (a full tank of fuel) and didn't see a car in front or behind me for over of those laps !
I have never driven so many miles in an event plus the track doesn't "beat you up" like NHMS does. I would try to go again if the club goes back.
Dan D'Arcy
Lotus Exige Cup Car #069 SU
Lotus Elise #310 SD
Chevron B64 Formula SU
http://www.allpowersales.com/