Video footage from NHMS 2 (mostly Miatas)

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by CP » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Thanks for the helpful comments guys. Got some things now to work on during my next visit to NHMS.
jrussell wrote:And that's what pisses off those of us with high maintenance cars.
This is the exact reason that I'm driving a Miata this year. I got fed up with having to mess with my turbo AWD car between every session for this, that and the other thing. Now I just hop in, push in my ear plugs, belt up and GO :D
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion

WillM
Administrator
Administrator

Post by WillM » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Greg - Too bad we haven't seen you at a COM event in a while! Kurt has done an excellent job in your absence though! :)

As for jealousy over Miata dependability:

Anyone looking for a dependable, low maintenance, well-built, quick, ST4 record setting, street-legal Miata, should get in touch with me sooner rather than later. ;)
96 Miata #72 SC
PRA 4 :sunny:

gread
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by gread » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:27 pm

I told Kurt COMSCC would be an excellent place to get his feet wet for a year or two before trying the club racing circuit.
For any of those forum lurkers hanging on the fence about getting track time, you can't beat the COM experience. I found it better than any other HDPE venue. Here is a chance to run with fellow speed nuts under great, but yet subdued, supervision and instruction. A chance to sample the thrill of track time a little more empowering than your standard BMWCCA event. COM even allows you to advance straight to competition amongst your friends with actual time trials. Smack talk is one of the best features of any racing...
Someday I'll run another event with COMSCC. Maybe I'll kamikaze a session in Tubby's JDM Honda Civic. I'm just not sure I can handle the mad HP's...

chaos4NH

Post by chaos4NH » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

CP wrote:Thanks for the helpful comments guys. Got some things now to work on during my next visit to NHMS.
jrussell wrote:And that's what pisses off those of us with high maintenance cars.
This is the exact reason that I'm driving a Miata this year. I got fed up with having to mess with my turbo AWD car between every session for this, that and the other thing. Now I just hop in, push in my ear plugs, belt up and GO :D
That's kind of the way it is in the Speed 3! Jump in and go fast. :lol:
Sam
Chief of Operations

#41 Nissan 200SX SER T40

tju-vette
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Re: Video footage from NHMS 2 (mostly Miatas)

Post by tju-vette » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:29 pm

CP wrote:Does anyone else have some fun moments to post?
Wasn't too fun @ the time but since it all ended well I can laugh at it now. The FIRST LAP of my TT (as the vid starts I go on the clock). http://media.putfile.com/Time-Trial-spin

I did end up with a new personal best however (not from that lap). Still very slow compared to most but am showing improvement.
Tom, 93 Corvette Coupe, 166 STGT
Owner, Banski MotorSports LLC

check us out online at http://www.banskimotorsports.com
email me at tom@banskimotorsports.com

breakaway500
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by breakaway500 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 pm

Tom,those damn rumble strips in turn 3 upset my car a few times as well. :shock:

In the video,your car seems so quiet and smooth compared to my tin can.

Hey,good thing you had some tread on those street tires to make that hillclimb! :wink:

I enjoyed sharing the garage with you and learned a lot. Thanks!
It's not what you drive, it's how you drive. "Lap times matter"

CP
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Re: Video footage from NHMS 2 (mostly Miatas)

Post by CP » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:34 am

tju-vette wrote: Wasn't too fun @ the time but since it all ended well I can laugh at it now. The FIRST LAP of my TT (as the vid starts I go on the clock).
I was watching from the T3 bleachers and can say that it was one of the slowest spins I've witnessed. We all started saying "There it goes, still going, still going" as you hopped the inside curbing :D I didn't see any wheelspin at all, so it must have been due to cold tires.
-Cy
99 Spec Miata (SM/STU/STL/EP)
2011, 2013, 2014 NER STU Champion