World of Wheels Show

Any and all discussions concerning events.
Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

World of Wheels Show

Post by Don P » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:36 am

Greetings -

For a mid-winter auto fix consider attending the subject show at the Bayside Expo Jan 6 -8.

COM will be there spreading the good word and recruting new members. We will be displaying a 'P' , 'ST" , and an 'SS' car to reflect the diversity of rigs in the club.

WoW is primarily a rod & custom judging show. While there are many "trailer queens" there the workmanship is quite remarkable to see.

Convince a friend or two to come chat with us about becoming a member.

Best,

Don

BlackBora

Post by BlackBora » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:22 am

Hey is the bayside expo the one in boston...and also how much is it to get in? I would be very interested in going.

Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

WoW

Post by Don P » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 am

Yes it's in Boston and about $10 - $12 to get in.............

jkekeisen
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

World of wheels

Post by jkekeisen » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:09 pm

Having attended last year I thought it was a great booth put on. As 'membership liason' I know we signed up a large number of new members from the event.

This year I think we should raffle off a few memberships to folks who fill out the card. I think it would generate a lot of addition interest and get us a number of fence sitters who wouldn't otherwise sign up.

jamie
Jamie Kekeisen
ITS RX7
SSA BMW
SSC Miata

ctkag
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by ctkag » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:46 pm

There was a lot of interest last year. I wish there was a way for us to sign them up & take their $30 on the spot - maybe with a t-shirt or something as an incentive. I think if they would sign up and pay, more would attend events (not that I mind those long track sessions at away events!)
-Keith-

SPB116

kfoote
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by kfoote » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:23 am

ctkag wrote:There was a lot of interest last year. I wish there was a way for us to sign them up & take their $30 on the spot - maybe with a t-shirt or something as an incentive. I think if they would sign up and pay, more would attend events (not that I mind those long track sessions at away events!)
Is there any way to get a modem, or is there a wireless LAN connection there? If the booth had even limited internet access, people could sign up on the spot online.....
Kevin Foote
#64 SB Nissan 350Z
1998-2003 Chief of Tech
1998-2002 BOD member
SSB Track Record Holder at LRP

boltonite
Administrator
Administrator

booth registration

Post by boltonite » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:08 am

You could have people "register" w/ COM by entering their name, address, and email info into a laptop and afterwards import the info into the membership "database" and send them an email for their membership dues (or take $ on the spot, which could be a hassle). If the idea is to get people to sign up on the spot, just having a laptop on hand would do the trick (I'm sure Will or Mick or even I could do this while half-asleep ... perhaps at the next board meeting :-))
FF

Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

$$$ & WoW

Post by Don P » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:09 pm

Greetings -

Some great ideas here. On the basis that we enter the show however, we are not allowed to have any financial exchanges or business "transactions".

However some of the ideas put forth are worth pursiuing - the raffle - some sort registering as "interested in knowing more"....etc.

Jamie as membership coordinator I would think you could contact Herb & Paul directly for approval and for any expense that might be involved. Also, speaking for Brian Stonkus who is coordinating the show I think he'd welcome some volunteer time from you if you could.

Best,
Don

jkekeisen
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

I am definitely available to volunteer.

Post by jkekeisen » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:10 pm

When are bodies needed?

On the raffle front I was thinking that we could make a drawing twice a day or every 3 hours for an annual membership. As I saw from last years sign ups it took quite a few sign ups to secure a paying member and then even fewer actually made an event. How about 1 grand prize a free track day? Though only for a new member otherwise Brian would be stuffing the raffle box :lol:
Jamie Kekeisen
ITS RX7
SSA BMW
SSC Miata

bstonkus
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

World of Wheels

Post by bstonkus » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey All - Volunteers for the COM display are welcome pretty much anytime. We have three cars at the show. We also have the video machine set up as well as a few poster boards with photos from several tracks. We are always looking for good quality in car video footage. Stop by if you can. The show runs Friday 1/6 through Sunday. Show hours are:

Friday 5:00 - 11:00PM
Saturday 10:00AM - 11:00PM
Sunday 10:00AM - 8:00PM

Thanks, Brian S.

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

In car footage

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:06 pm

Brian, are you looking for VHS tapes or dvds ? We'll be in on Sat. and could bring some in car footage.
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

Don P
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

WoW

Post by Don P » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:58 pm

Greetings -

VHS please.......................

Don

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

VROOM

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:03 pm

V8 rumble will arrive Saturday- VHS
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

Mick
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Mick » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:57 pm

I'll try and bring the I4 'buzz' on Saturday as well.