Lime Rock track rental news; it isn't good

General chat that fellow COM'ers may be interested in.
JackFFR1846
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by JackFFR1846 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:24 pm

DanDarcy wrote:Good One Steve
(Humor) Sheesh, friggen amateurs! You know how endurance race drivers have drinking tubes hooked to the front of their helmet. What do you think those are hooked to? Why, a mini-KEG of course! You press a button on the steering wheel and the 'tap' opens, thereby allowing the flow of beer. Race engines have direct injection, and this is almost the same with direct injected (into driver's mouth) beer.
I had been thinking of rerouting the windshield washer hose to uder the dash in my car, than filling the washer bottle with a little (or a lot for long tracks) booze, just put your glass under the washer hose hit the windshield washer switch and fill the glass while your merrily merrily, merrily drive along . :wink:
I guess I could put the hose directly in my mouth too :P

That's a ballast moving device if I ever heard of one. I protest all of your TT results. :lol:

jack

agrabau
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by agrabau » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Lime Rock is a boring track. I'm sorry but that's the case. The cement/pavement/cement transition isn't historic or significant. It's hoopty. It's poorly kept. There's some crusty man of mystery in some tower off track with a DB meter who will end your day because people who live on the farm next door can't handle 90db from 2 miles away. The neighborhood is apparently full of whiners and churchgoers in a state that I tend to liken to being the New Jersey of MA. The neighbors must have moved in on a Sunday... "what's that noise honey?, WHAT?! A racetrack!? in our backyard!!! no one told us when we did our pre-inspection!!"

1/2 day events are a joke. That would mean that my car would only break 3 times per event and not 6.

Anyway hillclimbing seems so attractive these days with every track turning into Bushwoods.

I'm going to build a mall there, condos there plenty of parking! Wang, stop taking pictures, it's a parking lot!

-Al Czervik
Alex Grabau
BMW E30 M3 FIA GR.H

offcamber09
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by offcamber09 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:14 pm

[quote="agrabau"

I'm going to build a mall there, condos there plenty of parking! Wang, stop taking pictures, it's a parking lot!

-Al Czervik[/quote]

Buy a hat like this and you should get a free bowl of soup...it looks good on you. :lol:
Scott Rosnick
#09 BMW 318ti-6

eclip5e
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

Post by eclip5e » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:07 am

I LOLz in the face of LRP.

1/2 day huh, not worth it.
Ron. A
R̶A̶S̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶I̶m̶p̶r̶e̶z̶a̶ ̶W̶R̶X̶ ̶-̶ ̶#̶8̶6̶ 2004-2010
2017 Subaru BRZ Limited, 112T50

dinoracer
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by dinoracer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:49 pm

While we're quoting one of my favorite movies..

"Have you got a pool?"

"a pool, and a pond. The pond would be good for you..."

:lol:

It's a shame, but I can live without LRP. We know every track has to go bankrupt at least once - I don't know if LRP has one in it's past, but I bet it goes there soon. The trouble is, if it does, it won't open again. Like Bruce said, condos will come next.
Tom Cannon

COM Chief Steward (fka Chief of Operations, Chief of Tech, assistant BBQ cook, Club Secretary....I been around a while)
#26 - 2000 Black Miata (sold) - co-driver of the orange 318ti .. thanks Scott!

jimmacsrx7
Speed Setter
Speed Setter

lime rock

Post by jimmacsrx7 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:28 am

thats the thing about exclusive clubs/neighborhoods etc....I am the one always being excluded :o
I had the absolute worst track experience of my life at our winter event in Nov. Five bucks short of 400 for maybee 15 laps at speed in our first session and then the black flag crashfest ensued to be followed by the snow squall slick track tiptoe extravaganza,the bordome only broken up by "drifting" my car through the left hander as crossed up as i could get it :o
Hell i could do that at the Wall Mart parking lot.
I like the track a lot but would never go at that time of year again anyhow.
Maybee i could get a job cleaning the "exclusive members bathrooms" for the discriminating crapper or some such task befitting of us common folk.

What a friggen joke.... all i can say is VIR.

Jim McNamara
#074 SPA Mazda RX7

lou m
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by lou m » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 pm

I second VIR, even in November!

Jimmy Pet
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by Jimmy Pet » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:03 am

agrabau wrote:Lime Rock is a boring track. I'm sorry but that's the case. The cement/pavement/cement transition isn't historic or significant. It's hoopty. It's poorly kept. There's some crusty man of mystery in some tower off track with a DB meter who will end your day because people who live on the farm next door can't handle 90db from 2 miles away. The neighborhood is apparently full of whiners and churchgoers in a state that I tend to liken to being the New Jersey of MA. The neighbors must have moved in on a Sunday... "what's that noise honey?, WHAT?! A racetrack!? in our backyard!!! no one told us when we did our pre-inspection!!"

1/2 day events are a joke. That would mean that my car would only break 3 times per event and not 6.

Anyway hillclimbing seems so attractive these days with every track turning into Bushwoods.

-Al Czervik
Might be the best Lime Rock post I have ever read.
Agree 100%.
The place is a dump.
Actually dumps would be offended by being in the same category as Lime Rock.
I refuse to go there. The track surface is a disgrace,,, and the rest of the place goes downhill from there.

My much maligned home track of Pocono is better.

The world will not miss Lime Rock if it goes away.
I know I never will. The bumpy pavement, the stupid DB limit, the bumps.

Have I mentioned the bumpy pavement, the potholes, the DB limit, the shitty facilities?
Its a crappy, bumpy almost oval little bitty 1.5 mile track with a hill (which is its only endearing factor). I really hope it goes away completely,,, so then we can start the healing process ASAP of people waxing poetically about this shitty little almost oval for the next 20 years ad nauseum.

Kill the place already...
jimmy p
Jimmy P
#98 BMW E30M3 - PC

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:16 am

Jimmy Pet wrote: Have I mentioned the bumpy pavement, the potholes, the DB limit, the **** facilities?
Its a crappy, bumpy almost oval little bitty 1.5 mile track with a hill (which is its only endearing factor). I really hope it goes away completely,,, so then we can start the healing process ASAP of people waxing poetically about this **** little almost oval for the next 20 years ad nauseum.
Kill the place already...
jimmy p
Jimmy, stop holding back and really tell us how you feel :)

Frankly, the ransom asked for LRP days can be better served elsewhere. Lets us look fwd to quite a few new tracks opening in the coming years. Calabogie is an excellent example of an alternative. Ok, so the support facilities (no showers, etc) are lackluster, but i'll take a good track with crap facilities over a crap track with good facilities. i go to the track to race, or time trial... or whatever.

If i wanted creature comforts i'd go to the Four Seasons in Singapore or, better still, the Ritz in Barcelona (but avoid the Ritz in Paris, that place is too old-people stuffy imo).
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

cuda6666
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by cuda6666 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:22 am

[quote="enjoythemusic
If i wanted creature comforts i'd go to the Four Seasons in Singapore or, better still, the Ritz in Barcelona (but avoid the Ritz in Paris, that place is too old-people stuffy imo).[/quote]

Sounds like you could probably afford one of them Lime Rock Club memberships :wink: :wink:
Subaru Legacy GT #67

"Track time is my enemy"
- Frank Perron

"I remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous."

enjoythemusic
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

Post by enjoythemusic » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:09 pm

cuda6666 wrote:Sounds like you could probably afford one of them Lime Rock Club memberships :wink: :wink:
FYI: was look at a 100+ acre section of land last week... had a nice view but concerned about certain aspects of it that needs to be researched. (FYI: a mere 20 years ago i was living out of my car and sleeping on the beach... 18 years ago i had $0.02 to my name).

As for club membership, been there, got burned on that (until Tammy F^<kUs shuts their vacuous toffee-nosed... and allows the track to be built.

So i ask you, why join when you could have one? Am debating various things both here and abroad, some of which is dependant on the outcome of the 2008 election.
Enjoy the Track,

Steven R.
http://www.EnjoyTheTrack.com

grovefromnh
Speed Racer
Speed Racer

COM past

Post by grovefromnh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:47 am

When COM started running at the newly opened Bryar Motorsports Park, we had a great challenging course that we could run in both directions for variety. Tha paddock was a rock filled gravelpit. There were showers, but no hot water. No garages. Trackfood was available, but you were never sure if the building would stay upright. We could stand on the roof and see the whole track and feel the building move around. My point is that 'great track, poor facilities' is nothing new for COM. Calaboogie will expand its services.

conehunter
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by conehunter » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:46 pm

Might be the best Lime Rock post I have ever read.
Agree 100%.
The place is a dump.
Actually dumps would be offended by being in the same category as Lime Rock.
I refuse to go there. The track surface is a disgrace,,, and the rest of the place goes downhill from there.

My much maligned home track of Pocono is better.

[/quote]
Sorry had to chime in here, but you can not compare any version of pocono to LRP. The place is the flatest and most boring track i have ever been too, Thank you com again. :roll:
That pesky beetle owner.

Jimmy Pet
Rookie Racer
Rookie Racer

Post by Jimmy Pet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:08 pm

conehunter wrote: Sorry had to chime in here, but you can not compare any version of pocono to LRP. The place is the flatest and most boring track i have ever been too, Thank you com again. :roll:
Hmmm,,,, possibly another person judging Pocono simply by the South or North course???

I'd put the East course at Pocono up against Lime Rock any day.
If you have driven it, (and driven it well) there is no way you could call it boring.
100% more interesting and engaging than Lime Rock.

I've driven both tracks many times, and I would pick a Pocono East course date over that bumpy little dump any day

Its a great track, in fact I'll go out on a limb and say that besides The Glen and Summit, Pocono East is my next favorite track in the Northeast.

A track is not made great solely by elevation change. Interesting corners also make tracks great, flat or not.
If you take that one hill out of Lime rock, then what do you have?
Its flat as a pancake otherwise and INCREDIBLY boring (besides hitting more potholes than the Cross Bronx Expwy, while waiting to be expeled for noise)...

How could any track where you only turn your wheel left one time a lap be fun?
Jimmy P
#98 BMW E30M3 - PC

conehunter
Rookie Driver
Rookie Driver

Post by conehunter » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Calabogie, mosport, tremblant, VIR, sebring, summit, NHIS, NNJMP, road atlanta, barber, Glen, Lime rock, then and only then can you put pocono on that list.
That pesky beetle owner.